[SOLVED]Sensative Stripe Guard700 M 1101021

Hi there,
I’m trying to get my sensative AB strips guard 700 Model 1101021 running with the lates OH-Version.

I’ve added the Z-Wave USB-Stick to the raspberry and have installed the z-Wave binding.
I’m also able to scan and assign the device… But it doesen’t matter how long the device runs it shows always as unknown device.

As I can see in the docu from the “open smart house” the Version 1101021 should be added at least by OH version 3.2.
I’ve installed the latest version from OH at V3.3.0… As my meaning is that the version should be included?!?

May I ask you to help me please with this matter :slight_smile:
#OH beginner #raspberrypi4 beginner

Thanks and cheers
Phil

First welcome to OH.

Two things to check.

1. On the UI page for the device, properties drop down, what are the device ID and Type. Both should be “4”. If not what are they?
  2. Also on the UI page for the device at the bottom, are there five lines? If not use the magnet to try to wake the device. These devices can be tough to fully include
    Five Lines of configured node

Hi apella12,

thanks to get in touch.
Jup ID is 4

What to you suggest me to do?

Use the drop down to look at thing properties first, your pictures do not show what I’m looking for.

then use the magnet to wake the device as per the manual
senswake

Thats all I have.
Done the wake up move. One thing property comes up more. From 11 to 12. Does this take more time?

I’m afraid so. Keep trying to wake until you get five lines. Do the wake as close to the zstick as possible.

Do you see anything like this?
Z-Wave node 1 (0082:6015:020D::2.0)")

What does yours look like?

Hm… tried a few times the wake up move - still 12 properties available. zstick is in front of me.
No I can’t find the Z-Wave node 1 entry. I just can see it under the thing type info.
Thats all I can see at the UI:

I’m happy that it was not that eays as I thought at the beginning :slight_smile:

THANK YOU for helping!

That is not a normal reaction :wink: Actually I was hoping for a quick one. :frowning_face:

So now more information gathering

1. What kind of zstick? Does it have a button?
  2. How did you install OH? Are you using openhabian?
  3. What does the controller UI page look like (mark advanced tab before making picture)?
  4. Read the Zwave documentation, especially at the bottom where it says “when things do not go as planned” Set the binding to Debug, try 2 or three wakes, then set the binding back to info. Post the log (using the brackets).
  5. Console means-get to command line of your pi–type sudo openhab-cli console; first password is your login, second is habopen
  1. What kind of zstick? Does it have a button?
    Z-Stick 7 fom Aeotec (z-wave plus)

2. How did you install OH? Are you using openhabian?
    Yes I’ve installed the Openhabian version as described here:Download openHAB | openHAB (option 1 SD-Card flash eg.) Thats the version → Release openHABian v1.7.4b · openhab/openhabian · GitHub

3. What does the controller UI page look like (mark advanced tab before making picture)?

4. Read the Zwave documentation, especially at the bottom where it says “when things do not go as planned” Set the binding to Debug, try 2 or three wakes, then set the binding back to info. Post the log (using the brackets).
    hm… there is not a lot of traffic I guess: along this post
    Z-Wave Debugging in openHAB

Blockquote
2022-11-27 16:01:33.438 [WARN ] [.serialmessage.ZWaveCommandProcessor] - SerialMessage class null is not implemented!
2022-11-27 16:01:33.441 [WARN ] [ve.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - TODO: Implement processing of Request Message = – (0xa8)
2022-11-27 16:01:45.952 [WARN ] [.serialmessage.ZWaveCommandProcessor] - SerialMessage class null is not implemented!
2022-11-27 16:01:45.955 [WARN ] [.serialmessage.ZWaveCommandProcessor] - SerialMessage class null is not implemented!
2022-11-27 16:01:45.958 [WARN ] [ve.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - TODO: Implement processing of Request Message = – (0xa8)
2022-11-27 16:01:53.905 [WARN ] [.serialmessage.ZWaveCommandProcessor] - SerialMessage class null is not implemented!
2022-11-27 16:01:53.908 [WARN ] [.serialmessage.ZWaveCommandProcessor] - SerialMessage class null is not implemented!
2022-11-27 16:01:53.910 [WARN ] [ve.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - TODO: Implement processing of Request Message = – (0xa8)
2022-11-27 16:01:53.919 [INFO ] [ng.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveNode] - NODE 3: Maximum Awake time period reached, state VERSION count 20, messages 1
2022-11-27 16:02:46.760 [WARN ] [.serialmessage.ZWaveCommandProcessor] - SerialMessage class null is not implemented!
2022-11-27 16:02:46.763 [WARN ] [ve.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - TODO: Implement processing of Request Message = – (0xa8)
2022-11-27 16:02:59.273 [WARN ] [.serialmessage.ZWaveCommandProcessor] - SerialMessage class null is not implemented!
2022-11-27 16:02:59.276 [WARN ] [.serialmessage.ZWaveCommandProcessor] - SerialMessage class null is not implemented!
2022-11-27 16:02:59.278 [WARN ] [ve.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - TODO: Implement processing of Request Message = – (0xa8)
2022-11-27 16:03:07.241 [INFO ] [ng.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveNode] - NODE 3: Maximum Awake time period reached, state VERSION count 20, messages 0

1. Console means-get to command line of your pi–type sudo openhab-cli console; first password is your login, second is habopen
    :slight_smile:

Here’s the problem. The binding does not support “7” level Zsticks. “7” level devices are fine, just not the zstick. For the RPI4 you will need a “5” level Aeotec that is marked a “compatible” with Rpi4 (early Aeotec versions were not) OR some other brand of Zstick.

You can search the forum for 700 level Zwave for more information.

1 Like

Alright… Thank you very much for your time and support!!
That would have given me a headache for a long time to comet :slight_smile: I spend a lot of time to troubleshot without a solution. At the end it was that easy :smiley:

Thanks man and have a great weekend. From what is left.
Phil

Are you sure that Z-Stick 7 isn’t supported? Sure, the binding doesn’t support Z/IP, but doesn’t the Z-Stick 7 support a backward compatibility mode? IIRC, for backward compatibility the latest firmware is required:

… so it would be helpful to know which Z-Stick 7 firmware the OP is using.

I’m just going on what has been discussed in the forum. Maybe there is a backward compatibility firmware option. That sounds good as it would mean new hardware would not have to be purchased by OP.

Another indirect indication that this is a 700 issue is from two observations. One is the presence in the log above of this line

and Two, the [PR request on the zwave repository](add zwave700 support (test on silabs zwave 700 ) by wenjianpan · Pull Request #1765 · openhab/org.openhab.binding.zwave · GitHub.

Looking at the files changed in the PR. there is this addition
AppCmdHandlerBridge(0xA8), // FUNC_ID_APPLICATION_COMMAND_HANDLER_BRIDGE

that matches hex code in the TODO warning message. There is also a whole new class file to handle 0xa8.

Hi Philipp,
have you seen this post:

?
I on my side gave up on using this product because the wakeup procedure took ages.

Hi openhabgs!
thanks for this post. Well I must say I’ve now bought a Z-Stick Gen5 update to Gen5+ and now my sensors are working as a charm :slight_smile:
The wakeup move is also working well.
As I’ve not found a solution for my requierement no other option are available.

Thanks and greez
Phil

There were some improvement in zwave battery device initialization in OH3.3. I have some of these devices. Before was as described in earlier post; After no problem

1 Like

@apella12 Thanks for the hint - after the improvement I could initialize my 2 devices w/o a problem today!

You might modify your Aeotec 5 zwave stick. The whole story and solution can be found following this link: *Sticky?* Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5 - Raspberry Pi4 - Hardware - Home Assistant Community
Or - and that is what I did - you buy a simple USB2 hub and put the zwave stick into the hub.