[SOLVED] Setting Tradfri color in a rule not working

I want to set my IKEA tradfri light at a specific time to Yellow.

Platform: raspberry Pi, standard JAVA, openHAB 2.4.0

item:

rule:

eventlog:
nothing but zwave and the astro binding

But if I change the light in the web interface with the colorwheel it works.

sitemap:

eventslog:

Can youhelp me to point out what I’m doing wrong? I’m a newby, but after reading and trying for hours I do not know any more.

Add logging to the Rule to see if it is triggering at the expected time.

the eventlog did not show any triggering

Add logging to the Rule to see if it is triggering at the expected time.

event.log will only show updates, commands, and changes to Items. It doesn’t show anything about whether Rules run. You need to add logging statements to your rule and look in openhab.log.

Updated the rule to a now time:

openhab.log:

2019-01-24 20:43:25.191 [WARN ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Configuration model ‘lichten.rules’ has errors, therefore ignoring it: [14,5]: no viable alternative at input ‘Chanel’

Oke, deleted the rule with errors.

Run it again and the log output was:
2019-01-24 20:50:00.723 [WARN ] [rthome.model.script.actions.BusEvent] - Cannot convert ‘255,255,0’ to a command type which item ‘Kleurenlamp_Kleur’ accepts: [HSBType, PercentType, OnOffType, IncreaseDecreaseType, RefreshType].

Then I changed the rule to:

openhab.log:

2019-01-24 20:59:54.507 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Refreshing model ‘lichten.rules’
2019-01-24 21:00:00.688 [ERROR] [ntime.internal.engine.ExecuteRuleJob] - Error during the execution of rule ‘kleuren lamp opstaan tijd’: The name ‘HSBtype’ cannot be resolved to an item or type; line 45, column 35, length 7
2019-01-24 21:00:01.705 [INFO ] [veClimateControlScheduleCommandClass] - NODE 2 reported: Override type: NO_OVERRIDE, ScheduleState: [UNUSED]

Add logging to the Rule

I have learned a lot with this question.

I’ve made a change to the rule:

and now it works. Rich, your article from 2017 also helpt me:

THX, I did not realise how help full the logging can be.

Ivo

You can also send RGB colors like this:
Kleurenlamp_Kleur.sendCommand(HSBType.fromRGB(255,128,30))

2 Likes