[SOLVED] Some doubts

I move the nest to Google and it works with Alexa. So yes, I think so.Works so far

When Google finally moves Nest over to Works with Google it will be interesting to see if this is one Ethelred chosen few partners. I doubt they will get chosen.

Google will move FROM works with nest. I have made the jump. I had to reregister the thermostat in Alexa. It works fine. It would be surprising if Alexa is not one of the apps selected considering the customer base

Considering they are direct smart home competitors and companies are trying to force you into their system and products their decision could change.

ZWave has slightly better range, but only allows 4 hops in its mesh. ZigBee has slightly less range than ZWave, but allows a lot more hops, so probably ZigBee will provide a better system over a large house, but there are a lot of variables that could swing it ether way.

ZWave DOES allow manufacturer specific “stuff” to be added to devices. Thankfully most devices don’t do this on either ZWave or Zigbee, but one example on ZWave are the Fibaro blinds where Fibaro have their own command class to control the blinds and they do no publish information on how this works.

1 Like

I’ve found another question.

Researching about zigbee binding and all that, I’ve found something that is zigbee2mqtt. I don’t quite understand the difference between OH zigbee binding and zigbee2mqtt.

Can I have OH and zigbee2mqtt simultaniously installed, could be zigbee2mqtt managed in OH?

Sorry for the stupid questions

zigbee2mqtt in an independent 3rd party software that allow to communicate with zigbee devices via MQTT
You can run zigbee2MQTT and openhab on the same device

1 Like