[SOLVED] Squeezebox Binding Openhab 2.5 Problems

Yeah, I wish I could reproduce it. I tried again this morning without success.

Ok I completely removed Bridge and Things, then removed Binding, restarted OH2, readded my configuration files, installed Binding, restarted OH2…

The results:

Everything seems ok but same error as before

Here the Player Control in PaperUI

Paper%20UI(3)

…and a screenshot from my smartphone taken at the same time!! …all items are linked to the channels in PaperUI …also tried changing the server id which was the mac without : into something else…

unbelievable, I don’t get it

Edit:
In my opinion there must be an error while parsing my config files, because otherwise it should function like when I add the Bridge manually in PaperUI and then autodetect the Things (players)…

When you say same error as before, you mean that it just doesn’t work, correct? There’s no actual error displayed or logged, right?

So, in Paper UI, when you select a squeezebox player thing, you see the channels with the icons that have the little dot in the center. Like this?
Paper%20UI%202019-01-22%2014-41-52

Me either.

Maybe, but those errors would be logged in openhab.log.

Besides, in the console, when you list things and items, they show up correctly, right?

smarthome:things list | grep squeezebox

and

smarthome:items list | grep Squeeze

BTW, I submitted the fix for the cover art issue.
https://github.com/openhab/openhab2-addons/pull/4654

Should take a few days to find its way into a snapshot release.

yes this is right…

yes the dots are shown… the same items file with changes to the server id was working with my PaperUI added things but not when I add them with my config files.

Yes checked that …looks fine

Nice thanks for that…

Maybe it was a bit misunderstandable, but I meant that something in my files must be misinterpreted, not the files themselves - because things are loaded and shown as online but no linking is possible even if all items seem to be linked correctly… it seems like some information is missing in my configs or could not be interpreted in the right way?!? then they’re non-essentually logged from openhab as errors…

sry my english is not the best… been a long time since school

Update:

I tested this again. there is one thing I don’t realize before.
First time I took my things offline I left the bridge untouched and it worked. With completely removed file it also works. Only the players have to be autodetected by PaperUI…

Now I think there is a problem with the players because only the things don’t work the Bridge definition is ok.

@mhilbush
Please can you confirm that your working player things aren’t different ?? Have you defined them like that:

Thing squeezeboxplayer  b8xxxxxxxx44    "Squeezebox - 5"    [ mac="B8:XX:XX:XX:XX:44", notificationTimeout=30, notificationVolume=35 ]

would be nice thanks…

Maybe interesting: All my players are software-players like squeezelite on raspberry pi or sb-player on android.

Here’s how they are defined in my test environment. The first three players are real devices (squeezelite and SqueezeBox receivers). The last two are there to match your config (even though there are no physical players).

I see only one difference. Try making your MAC addresses use lower case [a-f].

Bridge squeezebox:squeezeboxserver:94c691131d45 "Squeezebox - Server" [ ipAddress="192.168.x.x", webport=9000, cliport=9090, userId="****", password="****" ] {
    Thing squeezeboxplayer  b8xxxxxxxx1e    "Squeezebox - Office"     [ mac="b8:xx:xx:xx:xx:1e", notificationTimeout=60, notificationVolume=35 ]
    Thing squeezeboxplayer  00xxxxxxxx26    "Squeezebox - Living"      [ mac="00:xx:xx:xx:xx:26", notificationTimeout=30, notificationVolume=35 ]
    Thing squeezeboxplayer  00xxxxxxxxe2    "Squeezebox - Family"     [ mac="00:xx:xx:xx:xx:e2", notificationTimeout=30, notificationVolume=35 ]
    Thing squeezeboxplayer  fexxxxxxxxbe    "Squeezebox - GalaxyJ1"   [ mac="FE:xx:xx:xx:xx:BE", notificationTimeout=30, notificationVolume=35 ]
    Thing squeezeboxplayer  b8xxxxxxxx44    "Squeezebox - Bedroom"    [ mac="B8:xx:xx:xx:xx:44", notificationTimeout=30, notificationVolume=35 ]
}

:tired_face: ok that indeed was the problem…

changed the macs to lower case and now everything works with my files

thanks a lot for the time you spent on this!!!

now I only have to wait for the image-display update and have a fully working system - thanks so much…

Yeah, I’ll have to look at why that’s happening.

Sure thing. Thanks for helping to debug.

maybe only if LMS is running on linux… or maybe OpenHAB itself while running on linux machines?!?

It’s likely a comparison somewhere that’s not case insensitive.

we’ll see… here everything runs fine now :blush:

Oddly, the LMS doesn’t process commands with MAC addresses containing upper case letters [A-F]. I verified this by trying to control the LMS directly through its Command Line Interface (i.e. openHAB not involved). It just ignores the command if the command has a MAC address containing upper case letters. How bizarre! I can’t believe this hasn’t come up as an issue until now. :confused:

In any event, it’s an easy fix.

maybe not many people use the combination of textual configuration and squeezebox binding?!? In auto configuration/exploration you will not face this error… :wink:

@mhilbush Hi Mark, hmm I tried to update my openhab today…

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade

repository source is unstable main

after that restarted openhab service

I still get no cover art - your changes seemed to be merged already?!??

Same issue here again! Can you please confirm that the update is merged already?

It was merged 10 days ago.

What’s the version number on the squeezebox binding? In the console type this.

list -s | grep squeezebox

284 x Active x 80 x 2.5.0.201901082136 x org.openhab.binding.squeezebox

Sry on my laptop pushing enter button leads to print an ‘M’ in putty console …now I moved to my other pc

This is from January 8, so it wouldn’t include the fix. What’s the build number?

Tried changing the Bridge IP to 127.0.0.1 again… no success…
changed it back

Yeah, that definitely doesn’t have the fix…

Let’s try something else. In the console, type (or copy/paste) this.

bundle:update org.openhab.binding.squeezebox https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/online-repo-snapshot/2.5/org/openhab/binding/org.openhab.binding.squeezebox/2.5.0-SNAPSHOT/org.openhab.binding.squeezebox-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar      

Now, check the version again with

list -s | grep squeezebox

Edit: You should see this.

249 │ Active   │  80 │ 2.5.0.201901280820     │ org.openhab.binding.squeezebox

284 x Active x 80 x 2.5.0.201901280820 x org.openhab.binding.squeezebox

everything looks ok… restatring OH2…