[SOLVED] Strategies for unknown device?

that is it

Have you linked items to all the channels?
Anyhow, as you see and Bruce before you from the other thread, it can be a little tricky getting the battery powered zwave devices working, but I have found them to be rock solid once configured.

Thanks for input! Yes, the channels are all linked. All other battery devices have worked like a charm compared to this SP-816. I’ve now managed to make them useful by configuring them to send an ON/OFF command to a peer node which I in turn can listen to that node’s events. This I configured using the Paper UI so it obviously can talk configuration to the device.

It seems I’m getting closer to solving this. It seems that this device must be included securely for it to be successfully identified by OpenHab. For a Aeotec Z-stick Gen5 that means that it must remain in the USB-port when including and inclusion mode on the Z-stick must be All Devices.

However, one problem still remains… I still get no communication on the channels. What get is this:

2019-11-03 09:47:26.159 [ERROR] [mmandclass.ZWaveSecurityCommandClass] - NODE 34: Error decapsulating security message

java.security.InvalidKeyException: No installed provider supports this key: (null)

at javax.crypto.Cipher.chooseProvider(Cipher.java:892) ~[?:?]

at javax.crypto.Cipher.init(Cipher.java:1248) ~[?:?]

at javax.crypto.Cipher.init(Cipher.java:1185) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.commandclass.ZWaveSecurityCommandClass.generateMAC(ZWaveSecurityCommandClass.java:501) ~[227:org.openhab.binding.zwave:2.5.0.M1]

at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.commandclass.ZWaveSecurityCommandClass.getSecurityMessageDecapsulation(ZWaveSecurityCommandClass.java:303) [227:org.openhab.binding.zwave:2.5.0.M1]

at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveNode.processCommand(ZWaveNode.java:1233) [227:org.openhab.binding.zwave:2.5.0.M1]

at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveTransactionManager$ZWaveReceiveThread.run(ZWaveTransactionManager.java:485) [227:org.openhab.binding.zwave:2.5.0.M1]

Any ideas on what above means and how to solve it? I get that the key is missing, but why and how to fix it? There’s a network key in the configuration.

I. Have never changed anything there. I always use the recommended HABmin interface when including and excluding.

This seemed to be a temporary error that occurred when restarting the Z-wave binding.

Now I finally got this SP 816 to work.

Key points to make it work for the SP 816 Evergreen:

• Secure inclusion into the network. Find out how to do it for your Z-wave controller.
  • It seems as if the association group PIR-Control needs to be set to “Controller”, for OpenHab to react on the BinarySwitch channel.