[SOLVED] Syntax Error I cant find

I am currently setting up my first openHAB Environment and am running 2.4.0
But I have a the following error popping up when my Rule gets triggered:

22:46:45.836 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'pioneeravr:ipAvr:vsx921' changed from OFFLINE to ONLINE
22:46:46.119 [ERROR] [untime.internal.engine.RuleEngineImpl] - Rule 'Thing_updater': An error occurred during the script execution: index=1, size=1

Here is my rule code:

rule "Thing_updater"
when
    Thing "pioneeravr:ipAvr:vsx921" changed to ONLINE
then
    postUpdate(vsx921Connected,"ON")
    logInfo("Rule Thing Updater triggered")
end

and an excerpt from my items:

Switch vsx921Connected "Connected" (Pioneer) { channel="pioneeravr:ipAvr:vsx921:zone1#power" }

Unfortunately i tried several hours to fix this simple rule, but i can’t figure out my mistake. Maybe somebody a bit more experienced than I am can help?
I expected to manually change the state of my Item whenever my Thing becomes “ONLINE”.

You’ll need to use two arguments for logInfo…

logInfo("Something", "Rule Thing Updater triggered")

This specific error is a bit tough to interpret, but usually means there’s an index out of bounds.

Welcome to the forum!

Edit:
I just read the rest of you post. It looks like you are trying to use a rule to update an Item that is already linked to the power Channel, so this rule may not be needed. What are you trying to accomplish with this rule?

1 Like

Unfortunately i have a little bit of an older model and the power channel does not work (Because my device does not support WakeOnLAN). So I am switching the device via LIRC and need to recognize once it successfully turned on (a connection by the binding can be established). But you’re right that I could remove the binding of the item to the channel.

And thanks for the help, it works now!

1 Like