[SOLVED] Systeminfo binding change polling time

Dear Everyone!

Is someone using the systeminfo binding (especially on RPi)? It is a really great feature to have, because I don’t have to use SSH to view basic system info. However the polling is so quick that the events.log file become very messy and it will be enough to poll the system info /minute… is this possible somehow with this binding?

Check the documentation:

CPU average recent load and load for last 1, 5, 15 minutes, name, description, number of physical and logical cores, running threads number, system uptime;

The configuration of the Thing gives the user the possibility to update channels at different intervals.

The thing has two configuration parameters:

interval_high - refresh interval in seconds for channels with 'High' priority configuration. Default value is 1 s.
interval_medium - refresh interval in seconds for channels with 'Medium' priority configuration. Default value is 60s.

That means that by default configuration:

channels with priority set to 'High' are updated every second
channels with priority set to 'Medium' - every minute
channels with priority set to 'Low' only at initializing or at Refresh command.

Thank you! :slight_smile: I have read the docs before installation, but somehow I skipped that part…

Not a problem,:sunglasses: we’ve all overlooked something at one point or another. That’s what the community is about, helping each other.:smiley:

Hi,
I have a wemos d1 mini with a relay for the light and a switch connected to a wall-switch.
Mqtt refresh every 5 minutes, and when the light is off, turns on and off momentarily, and when it’s on vice versa. It is possible to give me an example to configure channels with priority set to ‘Low’ only at initializing or at Refresh command.

If your lights are changing state every time the broker receives an update take a look at the logs, see whats sending this command, and verify your items are configured correctly.

What firmware are you using on the wemos?

1 Like

this is sonoff log:

19:23:02 RSL: tele/escritorio/STATE = {“Time”:“2018-12-10T19:23:02”,“Uptime”:“0T04:05:19”,“Vcc”:3.030,“POWER”:“ON”,“Wifi”:{“AP”:1,“SSId”:“wirelessjc2”,“BSSId”:“E0:91:F5:A6:2F:FB”,“Channel”:2,“RSSI”:62}}
19:23:02 MQT: tele/escritorio/SENSOR = {“Time”:“2018-12-10T19:23:02”,“Switch1”:“OFF”}
19:28:02 RSL: tele/escritorio/STATE = {“Time”:“2018-12-10T19:28:02”,“Uptime”:“0T04:10:19”,“Vcc”:3.029,“POWER”:“ON”,“Wifi”:{“AP”:1,“SSId”:“wirelessjc2”,“BSSId”:“E0:91:F5:A6:2F:FB”,“Channel”:2,“RSSI”:60}}
19:28:02 MQT: tele/escritorio/SENSOR = {“Time”:“2018-12-10T19:28:02”,“Switch1”:“OFF”}
19:29:30 MQT: stat/escritorio/RESULT = {“POWER”:“OFF”}
19:29:30 MQT: stat/escritorio/POWER = OFF
19:29:30 MQT: stat/escritorio/RESULT = {“POWER”:“ON”}
19:29:30 MQT: stat/escritorio/POWER = ON
19:30:35 MQT: stat/escritorio/RESULT = {“POWER”:“OFF”}
19:30:35 MQT: stat/escritorio/POWER = OFF
19:30:35 MQT: stat/escritorio/RESULT = {“POWER”:“ON”}
19:30:35 MQT: stat/escritorio/POWER = ON
19:32:30 MQT: stat/escritorio/RESULT = {“POWER”:“OFF”}
19:32:30 MQT: stat/escritorio/POWER = OFF
19:32:30 MQT: stat/escritorio/RESULT = {“POWER”:“ON”}
19:32:30 MQT: stat/escritorio/POWER = ON
19:33:02 RSL: tele/escritorio/STATE = {“Time”:“2018-12-10T19:33:02”,“Uptime”:“0T04:15:19”,“Vcc”:3.027,“POWER”:“ON”,“Wifi”:{“AP”:1,“SSId”:“wirelessjc2”,“BSSId”:“E0:91:F5:A6:2F:FB”,“Channel”:2,“RSSI”:60}}
19:33:02 MQT: tele/escritorio/SENSOR = {“Time”:“2018-12-10T19:33:02”,“Switch1”:“OFF”}

At the moment of the log, the light is on but switch is off.

Those logs look strange,:thinking: I only see where the power status mqtt message is being sent, no command messages. Doesn’t look like an OH issue.

Did you read here about using a wemos with tasmota? Also does this happen when using the wall switch, OH, or both to switch on/off the light?

I may not be the best person to help with tasmota on a wemos device. I’ve only used tasmota with non-sonoff device once, didn’t really like it, so I switch to Esp Easy. As I mentioned above, this doesn’t look to be an OH issue but more of a tasmota/wemos config issue.

In my home automation setup I have all sonoff’s using tasmota and all Esp’s (Esp8266/32 boards like wemos) flashed with Esp Easy firmware. If you want to try Esp Easy here is the link to download and here you can find the documentation.

1 Like

H102, thanks for your help. This happen on both cases. i realy think this is tasmota issue too.
I’m going to try Esp Easy and then report.
I have some sonoff basic running in the original software, and they works fine. Now i’m afraid to flash them with tasmota.
Did you have something like this; - sonoff with tasmota and a wallswitch connected to GPIO 14?

this is my wemos configuration.

Yes, I have a Sonoff basic flashed with tasmota and I’m using GPIO 14 (connected to a wall switch) as a manual switch.

In the above picture you have GPIO5 as a relay. Shouldn’t that be on GPIO12 for the wemos?

1 Like

No, I’ve try GPIO12 and d’ont work.
But, thanks for your answer about Sonoff basic, i’m going to try.

Thank you very mutch for your help.

Here’s a pic of how the sonoff is configured for using GPIO 14 and wall switch.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Hi H102,
Unfortunately, I flashed a sonoff with tasmota and the result was the same.
But my problem is already solved. This is the status of my sonoff to work flawlessly:
16:30:01 CMD: status
16:30:01 MQT: stat/escritorio/STATUS = {“Status”:{“Module”:1,“FriendlyName”:[“Sonoff”],“Topic”:“escritorio”,“ButtonTopic”:“0”,“Power”:0,“PowerOnState”:0,“LedState”:0,“SaveData”:1,“SaveState”:1,“SwitchTopic”:“escritorio”,“SwitchMode”:[0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0],“ButtonRetain”:0,“SwitchRetain”:1,“SensorRetain”:0,“PowerRetain”:0}
And with wemos flashed with tasmota the result is the same, that is, it works without problems.
Well, it’s the SwitchRetain:1 the secret…
SOLVED.:sunglasses: