[SOLVED] Tradfri binding is so unstable for me

Hello everyone,

I continue to try to migrate to OH but until now I get so much trouble.

I have Ikea Color bulb which were connected to the hub HUE. After seeing that the hue binding was not correctly handling color with IKEA bulbs and that I did not want to write a workaround script, I switch back the bulb to my Tradfri Gateway and was hoping for a smoother experience.

The problem is it works only 1-2 minutes before the gateway goes offline. I restart the binding, I can control my light again for a minute or two and then again offline.

I am running Openhab 2.3 in docker (amd64 debian version)
My ikea gateway and all devices are considered by IKEA app as up to date (Gateway: 1.3.14)
The ikea binding running is 0.10.0.oh230

This are some extracted logs I can see connected to the issue:

00:16:10.732 [WARN ] [discovery.TradfriDiscoveryParticipant] - Discovered Tradfri gateway doesn't have an IP address: [ServiceInfoImpl@469646977 name: 'gw-b072bf258467._coap._udp.local.' address: '(null):5684' status: 'NO DNS state: probing 1 task: null', has NO data, empty]
00:16:10.774 [WARN ] [tradfri.handler.TradfriGatewayHandler] - Gateway with old firmware - please consider upgrading to the latest version.
00:16:10.780 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ThingUpdatedEvent    ] - Thing 'tradfri:gateway:mygateway' has been updated.
00:16:10.788 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'tradfri:gateway:mygateway' changed from INITIALIZING to UNKNOWN
00:16:13.088 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'tradfri:gateway:mygateway' changed from UNKNOWN to ONLINE
00:18:34.606 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'tradfri:gateway:mygateway' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR)

I don’t know what to do. I appreciate all work which is done to provide so much binding but I am fighting so much to make it works :frowning:

Thanks reading.

I would check your power supply in the trad Fri hub.

I use the trad Fri hub and binding with no issues of going offline.

I try a 2.1A 5V power supply and the Iphone charger. I did not change the cable through.

Power supply issue could affect the binding without affecting the app ?

Let me update my answer… I touch a little bit the cable on the gateway side and it looks it did the trick ! I will check again in few hours… If it work I say a BIG THANKSSSSS… So frustrating !

1 Like

Glad to hear. I hope it keeps functioning.

Looks like still working great ! Thanks !

1 Like