[SOLVED] Unexpected delay between state changes

Heyho,

i have a bit of a delay when changing the state of my lights. It takes up to 2-3 Seconds before the light changes the state.

15:48:32.714 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - ZigbeeButtonOneLinkQuality changed from 92 to 73
15:48:32.745 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemCommandEvent     ] - Item 'SmartBulbOneOnOffLamp' received command OFF
15:48:32.779 [INFO ] [arthome.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - SmartBulbOneOnOffLamp predicted to become OFF
15:48:32.795 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - SmartBulbOneOnOffLamp changed from ON to OFF
15:48:34.217 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - SmartBulbOneState changed from ON to OFF

Here are my Things and Items:

Thing topic lightone "Leuchte 1" {
    Channels:
        Type string : state             [ stateTopic="zigbee2mqtt/lightone", transformationPattern="JSONPATH:$.state" ]
        Type switch : OnOffLamp         [ stateTopic="zigbee2mqtt/lightone", transformationPattern="JSONPATH:$.state", commandTopic="zigbee2mqtt/lightone/set", on="on", off="off" ]
        Type dimmer : DimmerLamp        [ stateTopic="zigbee2mqtt/lightone", transformationPattern="JSONPATH:$.brightness", commandTopic="zigbee2mqtt/lightone/set", min=1, max=254, step=1, formatBeforePublish="{\"brightness\":%s}" ]
        Type dimmer : DimmerTemp        [ stateTopic="zigbee2mqtt/lightone", transformationPattern="JSONPATH:$.color_temp", commandTopic="zigbee2mqtt/lightone/set", min=1, max=512, step=1, formatBeforePublish="{\"color_temp\":%s}" ]
        Type string : LampColor         [ stateTopic="zigbee2mqtt/lightone", transformationPattern="JSONPATH:$.color", commandTopic="zigbee2mqtt/lightone/set" ]

}

Group gSmartBulb "Smarte Lampe 1"

String SmartBulbOneState               "Status: [%s]"           <lightbulb>    (gSmartBulb) { channel="mqtt:topic:myMQTTBroker:lightone:state" }
Switch SmartBulbOneOnOffLamp           "Ein/Aus"                <switch>       (gSmartBulb) { channel="mqtt:topic:myMQTTBroker:lightone:OnOffLamp" }
Dimmer SmartBulbOneDimmer              "Dimmer [%d %%]"         <slider>       (gSmartBulb) { channel="mqtt:topic:myMQTTBroker:lightone:DimmerLamp" }
Dimmer SmartBulbOneColorTempDimmer     "Farbtemperatur: [%d]"   <slider>       (gSmartBulb) { channel="mqtt:topic:myMQTTBroker:lightone:DimmerTemp" }
String SmartBulbOneColor               "Farbe [%s]"             <colorlight>   (gSmartBulb) { channel="mqtt:topic:myMQTTBroker:lightone:LampColor" }
Color SmartBulbOneColorPick

is there anything i can streamline or do better? Has anyone an idea where to look next? :slight_smile:

Thanks you in advance

Any reason to use zigbee2mqtt instead of our excellent zigbee binding? The developer of our binding is very active and responsive. My philosophy is to not add complexity unless it is needed.

The question is: where is the delay? Is it in the command being send out (i.e. the device acts two seconds after the command was send) or it it in the state reported back (i.e. the device acts immediately, but it rakes two seconds for the state to be reported back).

In both cases: Is there a time difference between the item changing and the mqtt command being send out (or the mqtt command being received and the item changing)?

I am pretty new to openhab and i am using a CC2531 to connect my Things directly to my Raspberry without (cloud)bridges. Is the default Zigbee binding campatible?

in the log, the last state change is immediately after the device turns on/off. So i assume that the device is acting delayed.

Yes, and @chris is stellar with his support here.

Bruce, to be fair I was on zigbee2mqtt and then I tried the binding and I was getting delays of up to 10 seconds for my ikea lights to react to commands so I switched back to zigbee2mqtt. Instant response.

@CrazyCarlton, Stefan, it looks like its your device. To make sure monitor the traffic on MQTT explorer

3 Likes

Same with me.:upside_down_face:

1 Like

OK, I was asking as a curious Z-Wave user who is impressed bu the developer support and subscribes to the KISS principle.

I recently asked my wife about the KISS principle and she had no clue what I was talking about.

1 Like

You missed the hint! :open_mouth:
She was hoping for something romantic, man!:star_struck::heart_eyes:

1 Like

OK, thanks for all your replies. I’ve digged further into this, and tried to publish commands directly via MQTT.fx and there is also a delay of 2 seconds.

looks like the device is just slow.

1 Like

Uuh, that’s no compliment… :wink:

1 Like