[SOLVED] Unknown Device - Neo Coolcam Motion Sensor(PIR)

I have added 0003:608d to the db. You could do a build of the binding with this change, modify the latest jar with it, or there should be a new build within a week that you could manually install. You could also wait for 2.5.4, which should be out within 30 days from 2.5.3.

Thanks Scott, for the how-toā€™s.

Iā€™d found some time to spend on this today.

Manually updating the JAR, in which I added the modded JAR to addons in a whole new 2.5.4 SNAPSHOT build so I wouldnā€™t compromise my current configuration, I just couldnā€™t get it to playā€¦

The new binding shows the same

NODE 17: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! 0258:0003:608D::3.80

Yet when I dig into the JAR archive, as it stits in that instances \openhab254\addons\org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.5.4-SNAPSHOT.jar\ESH-INF\thing\shenzhen\

open up this entry

<!-- DEVICE PROPERTY DEFINITIONS -->
<properties>
  <property name="vendor">Shenzhen Neo Electronics Co., Ltd</property>
  <property name="modelId">Motion Sensor</property>
  <property name="manufacturerId">0258</property>
  <property name="manufacturerRef">0003:0083,0003:008D,0003:1083,0003:2083,0003:608D</property>
  <property name="dbReference">401</property>
  <property name="defaultAssociations">1</property>
</properties>

The 2.5.4 build also had the controller disconnecting and reconnecting over and over, lots of verbose Java exceptions I scarcly understand, so I might just wait out the next 2.5.4 stable and dedicate some time to a full upgrade. Thereā€™s always syntax and config changes to be made each update.

Thanks though, I did learn quite a few things!

1 Like