[SOLVED] Updating from 2.4 M8 to 2.4 Stable, very odd behaviour and PaperUI seems missing

I just updated my “new” testing setup Rpi 3B+ running 2.4 M8 release, to the 2.4 release (stable).
Things did not went all smooth… Infact I ended up with lots of errors and warning from the first boot. Second boot, a little less errors and warning. I then cleared the cache, and made another boot. And this I seem to get stuck on this behaviour:

2018-12-27 13:20:48.462 [INFO ] [org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.paper      ] - FrameworkEvent INFO - org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.paper
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The bundle class path entry "patch/" could not be found for the bundle "osgi.identity; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="0.10.0.oh240"; osgi.identity="org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.paper"; singleton:="true""
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.classpath.ClasspathManager.findClassPathEntry(ClasspathManager.java:174) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.classpath.ClasspathManager.buildClasspath(ClasspathManager.java:152) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.classpath.ClasspathManager.<init>(ClasspathManager.java:81) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.EquinoxClassLoader.<init>(EquinoxClassLoader.java:43) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.createClassLoaderPrivledged(BundleLoader.java:316) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.getModuleClassLoader(BundleLoader.java:233) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findEntries(BundleLoader.java:819) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleWiring.findEntries(ModuleWiring.java:289) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.ManifestLocalization.findResource(ManifestLocalization.java:199) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.ManifestLocalization.lookupResourceBundle(ManifestLocalization.java:130) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.ManifestLocalization.getResourceBundle(ManifestLocalization.java:101) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.ManifestLocalization.getHeaders(ManifestLocalization.java:64) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.BundleInfo$Generation.getHeaders(BundleInfo.java:125) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.privGetHeaders(EquinoxBundle.java:462) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.getHeaders(EquinoxBundle.java:457) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.getHeaders(EquinoxBundle.java:451) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.aries.spifly.BaseActivator.getAllHeaders(BaseActivator.java:133) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.aries.spifly.BaseActivator.addConsumerWeavingData(BaseActivator.java:95) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.aries.spifly.ConsumerBundleTrackerCustomizer.addingBundle(ConsumerBundleTrackerCustomizer.java:37) ~[?:?]
	at org.osgi.util.tracker.BundleTracker$Tracked.customizerAdding(BundleTracker.java:469) ~[?:?]
	at org.osgi.util.tracker.BundleTracker$Tracked.customizerAdding(BundleTracker.java:415) ~[?:?]
	at org.osgi.util.tracker.AbstractTracked.trackAdding(AbstractTracked.java:256) ~[?:?]
	at org.osgi.util.tracker.AbstractTracked.trackInitial(AbstractTracked.java:183) ~[?:?]
	at org.osgi.util.tracker.BundleTracker.open(BundleTracker.java:156) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.aries.spifly.BaseActivator.start(BaseActivator.java:79) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.aries.spifly.dynamic.DynamicWeavingActivator.start(DynamicWeavingActivator.java:37) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl$3.run(BundleContextImpl.java:779) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl$3.run(BundleContextImpl.java:1) ~[?:?]
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:772) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:729) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.startWorker0(EquinoxBundle.java:933) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle$EquinoxModule.startWorker(EquinoxBundle.java:309) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.doStart(Module.java:581) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:449) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1634) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1614) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1585) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1528) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340) [?:?]

Even more strange is paperUI is no longer availble from openhab´s main dashboard. But I can enter it using a direct link to it:

http://IP_OF_RPI:8080/paperui/index.html#/inbox/search

But It looks like this:

Beside that, things does seem to work, (Only got the IHC and WMBUS binding running as well as Zigbee which I needed to install to get the transport-serial feature installed). IHC binding running perfect. WMbus binding does run but seem to return an warning which could be binding releated. Zigbee binding not in use, but just installed.

I assume something went wrong when updating from 2.4M8 to 2.4 stable… But what to do when things goes wrong? (beside starting all over ofcouse).

Try clearing the cache first before reinstalling - I had to do that to get my M6 build updated to 2.4 stable and get rid of the initial start-up issues.

Might be worth a try… If thats the case, I would suggest that the updating procedure beeing changed to clear the cache first.

Seems like the procedure is to clear the cache first before installing and update…
I did however change to install the 2.5 snapshot insted. And now I got rid of the above error, and PaperUI looking normal again, and available through the dashboard as well.

1 Like

Juste for reference

Clear cache and temp

Redownload and re-install