[SOLVED] VERY simple sitemap / items file not working

Hi all.

I’m assuming this is something I overlooked, thus I need your help.

I have a fresh installation of OH2 (manual). Everything works fine except for the fact I cannot see the sitemap :frowning:

soldanet.sitemap:

sitemap soldanet label="Soldanet" {

Frame label="Fecha" {
        Text item=Date
    }

}    

soldanet.items:

DateTime Date "[%1$tA, %1$td.%1$tm.%1$tY]" <calendar> { ntp="America/Argentina/Buenos Aires:es_AR" }

Any ideas?

Your item lacks a label and I believe you followed the openHAB 1 documentation for ntp. Here you can find all you need: http://docs.openhab.org/addons/bindings/ntp/readme.html

Ok, I notice some changes from previous OH2 versions: things.

Here are the three pieces of code and the output they generate:

soldanet.things:

yahooweather:weather:adrogu [location=56040026]
ntp:ntp:soldanet  [hostname="ar.pool.ntp.org", refreshInterval=60, refreshNtp=30]

soldanet.items:

Number Temperature "Temperatura exterior" { channel="yahooweather:weather:adrogu:temperature" }
DateTime Date "[ %1$tA, %1$td/%1$tm/%1$tY %1$tH:%1$tM ]" { channel="ntp:ntp:soldanet:dateTime" }

soldanet.sitemap:

sitemap soldanet label="Soldanet" 
{
	Frame label="Main" {
		Text item=Temperature
		Text item=Date
	}
}   

Output:

Still not sure what am I doing wrong…

This is not your “soldanet” sitemap, is it!?

http://yourdevice:8080/basicui/app?sitemap=soldanet

You need to set the default Sitemap under settings in PaperUI or in /etc/openhab2/services/basicui.cfg

Your Date does still not have a label…

:blush:

That is fixed.

Regarding the other things:

The external temperature still doesn’t show (Temperatura exterior) and icons are broken.

Also I noticed that after a few seconds, the date format changes to what it looks like a regular timestamp database format:

TIA

Icon issue: solved

Number Temperature "Temperatura exterior" <temperature> { channel="yahooweather:weather:adrogu:temperature" }
DateTime Date "Fecha [ %1$tA, %1$td/%1$tm/%1$tY %1$tH:%1$tM ]" <calendar> { channel="ntp:ntp:soldanet:dateTime" }

Now I need to understand how the weather binding works, because I’m getting no temperature readings. But will open a new topic. Thanks for your help @ThomDietrich!

Both easy problems.
Temperature: You always need to build your string in the format "Label [value representation]". So it’s probably something like “Temperatura exterior [%.1f]” (untested, please post your result). It often helps to look at the events.log file to see what a variable is set to internally and then build the representation accordingly.
There is btw an transformation file out there you might find useful: Yahoo Weather - DE (German) translation file

Date format: This is a known problem and tells me, that you are not using the latest snapshot. The problem has been solved around two weeks ago.

This is what happens when I try to add the weather binding (that’s why temp is not shown):

==> /opt/openhab2/userdata/logs/events.log <==
2016-11-12 18:10:53.267 [ExtensionEvent            ] - binding-weather: org.apache.karaf.features.internal.util.MultiException: Error