I saw a couple of other users also having issue with weird error logs of type tags showing up associated with the Weather Binding despite clean weather.cfg files. I found the issue is that if you change the weather.cfg file, the binding is just appending/updating the \userdata\config\org\openhab\weather.config file with the updated values and not erasing the old values. So for me, I accidentally forgot to change the location in my Lat/Long when I switched from Yahoo to WeatherUnderground and it kept the in the.config file which broke the call against WUnderground’s API’s since it didn’t have enough associated info. Deleting all the extra configuration lines in the .config file solved my problem.
Hopefully this will solve other users issues and the developer can fix the binding going forward.