[SOLVED] Wemo Not Found on Network

I realize this thread has a solution, but I’m running into the same issue on openhab 1.8 and the 1.8.3 binding (installed out of apt on my raspbian raspberry pi), hoping those that have figured this out can give me some pointers

attempting first to answer some of the common questions:

java:

# java -version
java version "1.8.0_65"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1. 8.0_65-b17)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 25.65-b01, mixed mode)

/var/log/openhab/openhab.log (openhab started with debug, and TRACE logging for wemo)

11:39:58.112 [DEBUG] [.b.wemo.internal.WemoActivator:34   ] - Wemo binding has been started.
11:39:58.165 [DEBUG] [.o.b.wemo.internal.WemoBinding:301  ] - wemoDiscovery() is called!
11:39:58.170 [TRACE] [.o.b.wemo.internal.WemoBinding:327  ] - Request: M-SEARCH * HTTP/1.1
HOST: 239.255.255.250:1900
MAN: "ssdp:discover"
MX: 5
ST: urn:Belkin:service:basicevent:1

11:39:58.174 [TRACE] [.o.b.wemo.internal.WemoBinding:337  ] - Source-Address = 'raspberrypi/127.0.1.1:1901'
11:39:58.176 [TRACE] [.o.b.wemo.internal.WemoBinding:339  ] - Send multicast request.
11:39:58.179 [TRACE] [.o.b.wemo.internal.WemoBinding:342  ] - Multicast ends. Close connection.
11:39:58.182 [DEBUG] [.o.b.wemo.internal.WemoBinding:354  ] - Send datagram packet.
11:39:58.184 [DEBUG] [.o.b.wemo.internal.WemoBinding:359  ] - Receive SSDP Message.

this host also runs the HA-Bridge that emulates a hue bridge to allow my amazon echo to control things, however during testing it was disabled (process stopped) as it also uses UPNP

I do have an iptables allow on port 1900 (as it was suggested during the HA-bridge set up)

# iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target     prot opt source               destination         
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere             tcp dpt:1900
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere             udp dpt:1900

my Wemo app on my smart phone works, and I can control them via the app on my home network and when away from home via cellular.

the womo’s them selves are new insight’s running latest firmware (I believe) WeMo_WW_2.00.10885.PVT-OWRT-InsightV2

so clearly I’m missing something, and it’s VERY likely its on my openhab box, those that have gotten this working what am I missing? any thoughts?

I’m not ready to move to openhab2 just for wemo just yet.
THANKS!

Just wanted to follow up here, I’m having the same problem.

Exit plex and wemo is found.
Start plex up and wemo is not found.

I have disabled Settings>Server>Network “Enable local network discovery (GDM)” and the issue persists.

I guess you are running openHAB 1.x
Please upgrade to openHAB 2.0 which will be released on Sunday.
The new WeMo Binding there is using UPnP stack.

Regarding openHAB 1.x Binding version, there is a collision with Plex blocking Port 1900, which causes the WeMo Binding to not being able to send SSDP discovery messages. This is not a WeMo issue.

Thank you, will do.

I’m in 2.1 and it still not being discover do I need to set it up manually ?

No, autodiscovery is working very well.
Please give us more information about your system (board, os, detailed JAVA version)

too late I add it manually

So you don’t want to find out why autodiscovery is not working for you?
Fine, but you might see other issues as well which might be related…

yeah you right but I’m not at home right now I’m gonna do some test to see if it’s working we will see after… also I have an exec command that control my wemo if the binding is not working. I just want to make it work to centralize and clean up a bit my setup instead of having a lot of script

I hate to resurrect an old thread but I have openhab2, wemo firmware 2.00.10966.PVT-OWRT-LS, I’ve enabled upnp on the router, and it still cannot locate the devices automatically. No plex server installed. Even if I add them manually nothing works.

Edit: running on Linux, java version: openjdk version “1.8.0_144”, OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_144-b01), OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.144-b01, mixed mode)

That´s your issue, you might find many conversations in our community saying not to use openjdk. Please install Oracle Java or Zulu and your issues will be solved.

Okay, I have changed the java version and it still is not finding anything on the network. This is the version installed now:

java version "1.8.0_151"
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_151-b12)
Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.151-b12, mixed mode)

I guess it is a lightswitch, do you have any other WeMo device?

No just 3 light switches all connected and working in the app.