I have been contributing small patches for ESH every now and then for some time, and sometimes when I update from upstream something somewhere breaks. This is the process I usually use:
- Fetch upstream and rebase my master
mvn clean installis Eclipse Smarthome folder
- If it failed:
git reset --hard
git clean -xdf
- Try nuking
~/.p2(seems like an overkill, but this actually helped a couple of times)
- At this point Maven can build the whole ESH
- Open Eclipse and hope I don’t get any errors
- If there are errors:
- Try to import missing projects, if any.
- Try nuking Eclipse and installing it again using Eclipse Installer.
Usually these steps are just enough to get a working development environment, but for some reason right now it doesn’t work and I have tried every single method listed here. Maven builds the project just fine, but this is how it looks right after project are imported and built after Eclipse installation:
Here is how I use Eclipse Installer:
I understand openHAB and ESH are huge projects with very complex build process and I wouldn’t be asking but I’m all out of ideas. What am I doing wrong here?