[SOLVED] Xiaomi Mi Smart Home Binding - Door/Window Sensor - Open Status

Hi there,

I’m a bit confused about how to integrate the xiaomi door sensor in my sitemap.

According to the log the reed contact recognised the change:

2018-08-18 22:46:36.074 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - out_xiao_reed1_isopen changed from CLOSED to OPEN

2018-08-18 22:46:36.095 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - out_xiao_reed1_lastopened changed from 2018-08-18T22:33:35.844+0200 to 2018-08-18T22:46:36.057+0200

But in the sitemap only the icon (window) changes from closed to open - there is no closed/open text right to the item name “Xiaomi Reed1 - Open Status” (see screenshot)

// ITEMS
// Xiaomi Reed1
Contact    out_xiao_reed1_isopen          	"Xiaomi Reed1 - Open Status"                                         (Gxiaomi,Greed)       {channel="mihome:sensor_magnet:zzzd0001xxxxxx:isOpen"}
DateTime   out_xiao_reed1_lastopened      	"Xiaomi Reed1 - Last Time Opened [%1$tY-%1$tm-%1$td  %1$tH:%1$tM]"   (Gxiaomi,Greed)       {channel="mihome:sensor_magnet:zzzd0001xxxxxx:lastOpened"}
Number     out_xiao_reed1_isopenalarmtimer	"Xiaomi Reed1 - Alarm Timer"                                         (Gxiaomi,Greed)       {channel="mihome:sensor_magnet:zzzd0001xxxxxx:isOpenAlarmTimer"}
Number     out_xiao_reed1_batterylevel    	"Xiaomi Reed1 - Batterieladung"                                      (Gxiaomi,Greed,Gbatt) {channel="mihome:sensor_magnet:zzzd0001xxxxxx:batteryLevel"}
Switch     out_xiao_reed1_lowbattery      	"Xiaomi Reed1 - Niedriger Batteriestatus"                            (Gxiaomi,Greed,Gbatt) {channel="mihome:sensor_magnet:zzzd0001xxxxxx:lowBattery"}

// SITEMAP
    Frame label="Xiaomi" {
        Group item=Gxiaomi
        Switch item=out_xiao_reed1_isopen
    }    

I’m also not sure what/why the “Alarm Timer” always shows “-s”

It would be great if someone could help me.

Thanks…

Contact    out_xiao_reed1_isopen          	"Xiaomi Reed1 - Open Status [%s]"                                         (Gxiaomi,Greed)       {channel="mihome:sensor_magnet:zzzd0001xxxxxx:isOpen"}

1 Like

Many thanks!

Quite obvious - I should go to bed now :wink:

I just copied the item from the binding documentation:

Great… someone should update the documentation cause I did the same and just copied from the example :slight_smile:

Tommy, you can do that yourself, just follow the link at the bottom of the binding page.

It’s in there, in the general items section where it belongs to:

Or do you intend to edit all 330 bindings example pages? :grinning:

You have to cater for the lowest denominators like me who copy the examples provided and expect them to work.

1 Like

In this particular binding docs there are no examples of item definitions with label parameters except one DateTime one.