[Solved] [Yamaha2] Binding finds only Bridge (model RX601)

I added the yamaha binding and the Receiver was found.

But I have several problems:

Only the party items have been found in paper UI:

I then manually added the the following (even though it was not automatically detected)

Switch F1_ReceiverMain_Power "Receiver Einschalter" <audio> (F1_LivingRoom, Audio) {channel="yamahareceiver:zone:9ab0c000_f668_11de_9976_00a0defd1401:Main_Zone:zone_channels#power"}

and it works to some degree

• if I toggle the openhab switch it powers the receiver up and down.
  • if I do that from the receiver, the status is not updated to openhab

I added volume and mute but they don’t work at all

Dimmer F1_ReceiverMain_Volume "Receiver Lautstärke" <audio> (F1_LivingRoom, Audio) {channel="yamahareceiver:zone:9ab0c000_f668_11de_9976_00a0defd1401:Main_Zone:zone_channels#volume"}
  Switch F1_ReceiverMain_Mute "Receiver Mute"         <audio> (F1_LivingRoom, Audio) {channel="yamahareceiver:zone:9ab0c000_f668_11de_9976_00a0defd1401:Main_Zone:zone_channels#mute"}

So, my question is

• why does it only detect party items automatically?
  • why doesn’t the manually added volume and mute work?

Thanks in Advance
Stefan

because according to the docs you are looking at the Bridge, not the Thing: https://www.openhab.org/addons/bindings/yamahareceiver/

You need a Thing first. It should be auto-detected (according to the docs)

Not sure if I understand you correctly: the image above is taken from the thing which lists the items. The thing is actually detected.

According to the docs (note: I don’t use this binding), there are 2 steps in the discovery process:

1. Identification of the Bridge (a special kind of Thing) with only the 4 channels that you have
  2. Following the Bridge scan, another Discovery should happen and you should see more Things (linked to the Bridge) representing the Zones. In these “Zone” Things you will have many more channels

If the 2nd autodiscovery doesn’t work, you can try to define your Bridge & Things in a file

Ok, in fact, I seemed to overlooked that! Thanks for the hint.

With reference to your documentation link it obviously does have detected the bridge “yamahaAV” but not yet the zone. I ran searching for things again on the yamaha binding but the zone is not coming up.

Any idea how I can initiate the auto discovery on the bridge now? (I checked the doc and other threads but could find anything).

Or any other idea to proceed?
Stefan

PS: Thanks for your time!

I would: delete the auto-discovered Thing and create a /etc/openhab2/things/Yamaha.things file with my Bridge and my Things (just like the docs example for manual configuration)

If you use the same Thing UID as the one that was auto-discovered, you won’t see anymore a newly discovered Bridge in your Inbox (it will be auto-ignored)

1 Like

@Dim, you convinced me. I got rid of the auto discovered bridge and manually added everything as described by @Udo_Hartmann here [SOLVED] Yamaha binding - manual thing config does not work

For those who want to achieve the same thing. Here is exactly what I did as an example:

I used the following setup:

I created a “receiver-wozi.things”-file and added

Bridge yamahareceiver:yamahaAV:wozi "Yamaha Receiver Bridge" [host="receiver.ip.add.ress", refreshInterval=20] {
    Thing zone MainZone "Main Zone " @ "Wohnzimmer" [zone="Main_Zone", volumeDbMin=-81, volumeDbMax=12]
}

Note: After that 2 Things appeared in paperUi (or Habmin), so you can now look up all available items.

Added these 3items to my items file

Switch F1_LivingRoom_receiver_power "Receiver Wozi" (F1_LivingRoom) {channel="yamahareceiver:zone:wozi:MainZone:zone_channels#power"}
   Switch F1_LivingRoom_receiver_mute "Receiver Wozi Mute" (F1_LivingRoom)  {channel="yamahareceiver:zone:wozi:MainZone:zone_channels#mute"}
   Dimmer F1_LivingRoom_receiver_volume "Receiver Wozi Lautstärke" (F1_LivingRoom) {channel="yamahareceiver:zone:wozi:MainZone:zone_channels#volume"}

Works like a charm now!

Thanks, Angelos, for you support.

1 Like

Just for the record one more note:

I quickly discovered after manually creating the file, that all of sudden after I had created the above, the following things were auto-discovered:

:wink: Don’t ask me why. I have not further investigated why that happened now and not with what I did in the first place…

1 Like