[SOLVED] Z-wave stick in docker container on a synology

quite honestly - I can’t put my finger on it … I have tried -zig times around … and at some point it worked. In EVERY case, however, the step “2b)” must be carried out - otherwise nothing works.

Hi @mpuff, quick question on this one: I’m currently having a similar issue (my Aeotec Z-Wave Gen5+ Stick sometimes stays offline after I reboot my Raspi, and only re-deploying the container solves the problem, see here). Is this similar to what you experienced / have you found a solution to that?

hello, sounds like a similar problem yes, i have installed zwave2mqtt on another raspberry in docker, this was working really good.

Just fyi: In the meantime there’s been some discussion around this problem, and the following fix solved it for me at least symptom-based. The root cause seems to be an unsolved bug.

Fixed in 3.3.0

If I read this post correctly, isn’t the problem still persistent in 3.3.0? This would also be in line with my experience (am also running 3.3.0 and perceive the same problem).

Wouter built a fork of the library and applied a fix
see here for info
The fix is in 3.3.0-SNAPSHOT build #2849 or newer.
If you still think you are having an issue, try to reproduce it and report on github
There is a link to the issue on github somewhere in that thread

Thanks a lot.

I would be really happy to help / contribute. However, since I’m not that much of a pro, and am very happy that my current setup is somehow running stable (except for this problem with frequent Raspi disconnect problems but which appears to be a Raspi-specific problem) I am very reluctant to switch to another openHAB snapshot (if this is what would be needed from my side).

Let me know if I missed something.