[SOLVED] [ZWAVE] Lumi switch LM-SxZW showing as Unknown Device

When I get to this, I’ll update the topic for the script. The readme has manual steps to DIY the install.

I installed OpenHAB 2.5.0M3 to check if this will solve the problem with the Zwave binding.
Unfortunately, even though I copied the Zwave binding 2.5.0 Snapshot to the addons folder, I’m still getting Unknown Device when I try to add the Lumi switcher.

@chris @Bruce_Osborne

Please post a link to the generated xml file in the zwave userdata folder.
Vendors use different device type and if numbers depending on region for the same model. Perhaps we need to add yours to the database entry if it is missing.

network_dab6e0e0__node_3.xml (18.5 KB)

The database changes are not merged yet, you need to wait a couple of days:

https://github.com/openhab/org.openhab.binding.zwave/tree/master/src/main/resources/ESH-INF/thing/hogar

2 Likes

Ahhh ok, sorry. My bad.
I thought that the snapshot version was already updated with the changes.

I assumed @sihui made changes based on your xml file. Chris only pushes a new binding and database periodically. It is then picked up in the OH snapshot.

Normally I’ll do an update on a Friday and/or a Sunday. I will be out tomorrow so I might do this tonight instead.

2 Likes

Thanks, tonight will be great, if you can manage :slight_smile:

I tried to update the ZWave binding to the snapshot (and also the development) version using the script, but I’m getting an error message that the binding’s installation timed out.
Any ideas why?
@5iver @chris @Bruce_Osborne @sihui

Try the manual installation steps or do everything manually and download the jar here:
https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/online-repo-snapshot/2.5/org/openhab/addons/bundles/org.openhab.binding.zwave/2.5.0-SNAPSHOT/

1 Like

Yay! Success!! Thank you all! :pray::pray:
I managed to make it work by installing the Snapshot version of OpenHAB :)))
OpenHAB was able to distinguish the Switcher as a Lumi switchbox.
Now I need to find a solution as to why OpenHAB doesn’t recognizes my second 4lights switcher when I try to pair them. This switch is also made by Lumi.
I’ll open a new topic for that issue.

1 Like