Some Beginner questions

You need to include the devices to the controller. There should be instructions with the controller and the devices that says how to do this. Usually it involves pressing a button on the controller until a light blinks and then pressing a button on the device until both the lights on it and the controller blink and stop.

Alternatively you can put the controller into inclusion mode (i.e. the mode it goes into when you press and hold the button) from Habmin and then press the button on the device.

Once it is included on the controller OH should be able to see them and the device will show up in the Inbox. If it is a battery powered device, after the device shows up in the Inbox and you accept it, you may need to wake the device up several times before the Binding will be able to figure out what it is. This is the case if it shows up as “Unknown Device”.

half step forward.
Now I was able to include the two devices (had to take them closer to the z-wave stick, I guess the range wasn’t enough because this are the two only devices I have, and they are both at the other end of my appartement, 10 meters and 4 walls between sender and receiver).

But: OH shows both items as unknown devices.
I activated each of the devices 12 times or more, but the status in OH won’t change.
The z-wave binding should suppot the Vision door contact and the Comet-Z thermostat too.

Edit:
exclude and a new include solved the problem with both devices, now they are fully controlled by OH

“Shortcut” for colorpicker and dimmer"

I searched the OH doku but I think I’m using the wrong words.
For my Mi-Light RGB+W bulbs I’d like to create some shortcuts or buttons with predefined values instead of colorpicker and dimmer.
The Colorpicker and dimmer are nice for playing but not so good for handling, and I think I will often use the same two or three combinations i.e. warm-white with 60% brightness, white with 100%, green with 50%.
Searching the board I found some commands to control r-g-b values and brightness, but this is for for OH1 and DMX-controlled bulbs.
I think shortcuts or commands would be helpfull for my last step too - speech control.

You can achieve the goal using mappings from sitemap and/or using virtual items and rules:
.item:

Dimmer myDimmer ...
Color myColor ...
Number myNumber //virtual item

.sitemap:

Number item=myDimmer mappings=[0="OFF",25="25%",50="50%",75="75%",100="100%"]
Number item=myNumber mappings=[0="rot",1="grĂŒn",2="gelb"]

.rules:

rule "change color"
when
    Item myNumber changed
then
    switch (myNumber.state as DecimalType) {
        case 0:
            myColor.sendCommand(...)
        case 1:
            myColor.sendCommand(...)
        case 2:
            myColor.sendCommand(...)
    }
end

Maybe I forgot something :slight_smile: but you should get the theory

Thanks.
That means I cannot work directly from the OH UIs and have to modify the .sitemap and .items manually.
Today I spend some time getting samba to work, access via my Windows laptop (btw still running XP :innocent:) and tried to use the windows designer - but here I’m stucking again.

[URL=http://www.imagebam.com/image/b88aa0514060068][/URL]

[URL=http://www.imagebam.com/image/3604e6514060059][/URL]

The folder is accessible via windows, the files in it too.
But designer seems to not want the network-share.

Oh, and: although I included several things in OH2, created a rule and started to create a Dashboard via Habpanel - all appropriate folders at the PI I’m now able to access via samba share are empty.
So where does OH2 store the files?

Edit:
OK, now I’m totally confused.
What I know so far: OH1 uses “.items” file to manage all contacts, lights, sensors and so on, ".rules"to manage, well, rules for automated interacting, and “.sitemap” file to render an UI.
OH2 uses a database, not “readable” by humans in which all the configdata is stored - but you also can use the .rules, .items, .sitemap in addition.

So how is the first step if I want to do as you described? Create the three files (check) and then?

Haha :smiley: Windows XP with modifications, brought up some nice nostalgic memories :wink:

I know the docs page is not quite where we want it to be but I want to still encourage you to use it. There you will find that the “openHAB Designer” is indeed not what you want to use: http://docs.openhab.org/installation/designer.html

The setup and connection to the network share is documented here (for others reading this): http://docs.openhab.org/installation/linux.html#network-sharing

Regarding your OH2 config question:

In short: If you want to use files, do that. If you want to manage other parts of your system with PaperUI, go for it. Just remember that the UI will never write back anything to the configuration files.

Do you use openHAB1 or openHAB2?

If using openHAB1, the folder has to contain at least openhab.cfg file.

If using openHAB2, please do not use the openHAB Designer but the Eclipse Smarthome Designer

In question of .items and so on, if using openHAB2, you still can use those text files to configure items, sitemaps and rules.

OK, I think that means: at the actual state of developement of OH2 I can’t use the PaperUI for all things I want to (already stucked at the first try of an action
).
And therefore I have to work with the OH1 doku and tuts in order to be able to understand and handle *.items files and so on - just a new start from the beginning.

Can I use the bindings which were installed by OH2 via the PaperUI or do I have to install the bindings manually a second time?

You can use the bindings installed from PaperUI without problem.

Yes and no. Working with configuration files did only change in some details from OH1 to OH2. That’s great as a lot of example rules and rule problems discussed here in the forum stay the same. Still there were a few changes and whenever possible, you should look at the openHAB2 documentation. e.g.

One thing you definitely have to look out for is, that the Things and Channels concept was introduced in OH2 and is the big difference between “Legacy OH1.x” bindings and the native OH2 bindings. Whenever possible use OH2 bindings and look up their documentation here: http://docs.openhab.org/addons/bindings.html
Legacy 1.x addons are documented here: http://docs.openhab.org/addons/1xaddons.html

(I’ve edited the answer above)

OK think I’ve got the concept.

But I have two problems.
1.: while trying to link my manually created items to the thing-channels in PaperUI I can’t find most of the items, just like this:
[URL=http://www.imagebam.com/image/56bb4b514229323][/URL]

2.: when trying to create a Slider element at the sitemap it crashes with an HTTP server error 500

[details=complete error message]HTTP ERROR 500
Problem accessing /classicui/app. Reason:
Server ErrorCaused by:java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.classic.internal.render.AbstractWidgetRenderer.getStateAsNumber(AbstractWidgetRenderer.java:192)
at org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.classic.internal.render.SliderRenderer.renderWidget(SliderRenderer.java:59)
at org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.classic.internal.render.PageRenderer.renderWidget(PageRenderer.java:166)
at org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.classic.internal.render.PageRenderer.processChildren(PageRenderer.java:123)
at org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.classic.internal.render.PageRenderer.processChildren(PageRenderer.java:144)
at org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.classic.internal.render.PageRenderer.processPage(PageRenderer.java:86)
at org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.classic.internal.servlet.WebAppServlet.service(WebAppServlet.java:142)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:812)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:587)
at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.HttpServiceServletHandler.doHandle(HttpServiceServletHandler.java:70)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:143)
at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:577)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:223)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1127)
at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.HttpServiceContext.doHandle(HttpServiceContext.java:271)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:515)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:185)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1061)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141)
at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.JettyServerHandlerCollection.handle(JettyServerHandlerCollection.java:80)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:97)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:499)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:311)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:257)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$2.run(AbstractConnection.java:544)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:635)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:555)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Powered by Jetty://[/details]

Here my .sitemap so far:

sitemap Wohnung label="Wohnung"
{
    Frame label="Esszimmer" 
    {
        Slider item=dEZ_Licht
        Colorpicker item=cEZ_Licht
        Switch item=sEZ_Licht
        Selection item=Light_scene mappings=[0="weiß", 1="rot", 2="gelb", 3="grĂŒn", 4="dunkelgrĂŒn", 5="cyan", 6="blau", 7="magenta"]        
    }

Frame label="Flur" 
    {
        Slider item=dFlur_Licht
        Colorpicker item=cFlur_Licht
        Switch item=sFlur_Licht
        Selection item=Light_scene_Flur mappings=[0="weiß", 1="rot", 2="gelb", 3="grĂŒn", 4="dunkelgrĂŒn", 5="cyan", 6="blau", 7="magenta"]        
    } 
}

and the .items with OH1 syntax, created befor I’ve read the migration / differences post. I will fix this tomorrow.

// Zimmer-Gruppen
Group gEZ "Esszimmer"
Group gWZ "Wohnzimmer"
Group gFlur "Flur"
Group gBad "Bad"
Group gSZ "Schlafzimmer"
Group gKueche "Kueche"

// Licht EZ
Switch sEZ_Licht "Switch" {milight="bridge1;7"} 
Dimmer dEZ_Licht "Dimmer" "brightness [%.0f]" {milight="bridge1;7;brightness;27"}  
Color cEZ_Licht "Colorpicker" {milight="bridge1;7"} 
Number Light_scene "Scenes"
Color  Light_scene_ColorSelect "Scene Selector"   <colorwheel> (MiLight)    { milight="bridge1;7;rgb" }  

//Licht Flur
Switch sFlur_Licht "EZ_Licht" {milight="bridge2;10"} 
Dimmer dFlur_Licht "EZ_Licht" {milight="bridge2;10;brightness;27"}  
Number Light_scene_Flur "Scenes"
Color cEZ_Licht "Colorpicker" {milight="bridge2;10"} 
Color  Light_scene_ColorSelect_Flur "Scene Selector"   <colorwheel> (MiLight)    { milight="bridge2;10;rgb" }  

When deleting the “Slider” line then the sitemap will show up.

You need to change the mode from “Simple” to “Advanced” in Configurations -> System -> Item Linking. Then you will be able to link your manually created Items.

However, for consistency I recommend doing all of this within the .items files instead. For now, it is more full proof and easier to maintain and you avoid having to manage Items is two different places and two different ways.

What is in the logs? 500 just means server error. the logs will have the cause of the error.

[quote=“rlkoshak, post:37, topic:15905”]
You need to change the mode from “Simple” to “Advanced” in Configurations -> System -> Item Linking. Then you will be able to link your manually created Items.[/quote]

The screenshot is from advanced mode, in simple mode there is no linking section.

[quote=“rlkoshak, post:37, topic:15905”]
However, for consistency I recommend doing all of this within the .items files instead.[/quote]

But how linking just within the files?

Log without Slider:

[details=Summary]09:43:36.360 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Refreshing model 'default.sitemap' 09:43:42.723 [ERROR] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item 'cEZ_Licht' for widget org.eclipse.smarthome.model.sitemap.Colorpicker 09:43:42.726 [ERROR] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item for widget org.eclipse.smarthome.model.sitemap.Colorpicker 09:43:42.730 [ERROR] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item for widget org.eclipse.smarthome.model.sitemap.Colorpicker 09:43:42.735 [ERROR] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item 'cEZ_Licht' for widget org.eclipse.smarthome.model.sitemap.Colorpicker 09:43:42.738 [ERROR] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item 'cEZ_Licht' for widget org.eclipse.smarthome.model.sitemap.Colorpicker 09:43:42.741 [ERROR] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item for widget org.eclipse.smarthome.model.sitemap.Selection 09:43:42.743 [ERROR] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item 'Light_scene' for widget org.eclipse.smarthome.model.sitemap.Selection 09:43:42.746 [ERROR] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item 'Light_scene' for widget org.eclipse.smarthome.model.sitemap.Selection 09:43:42.748 [ERROR] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item 'Light_scene' for widget org.eclipse.smarthome.model.sitemap.Selection 09:43:42.750 [ERROR] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item 'cFlur_Licht' for widget org.eclipse.smarthome.model.sitemap.Colorpicker 09:43:42.751 [ERROR] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item for widget org.eclipse.smarthome.model.sitemap.Colorpicker 09:43:42.753 [ERROR] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item for widget org.eclipse.smarthome.model.sitemap.Colorpicker 09:43:42.757 [ERROR] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item 'cFlur_Licht' for widget org.eclipse.smarthome.model.sitemap.Colorpicker 09:43:42.759 [ERROR] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item 'cFlur_Licht' for widget org.eclipse.smarthome.model.sitemap.Colorpicker 09:43:42.760 [WARN ] [assic.internal.render.SwitchRenderer] - Cannot determine item type of 'sFlur_Licht' org.eclipse.smarthome.core.items.ItemNotFoundException: Item 'sFlur_Licht' could not be found in the item registry at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.items.ItemRegistryImpl.getItem(ItemRegistryImpl.java:148)[98:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.9.0.201610312128] at org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl.getItem(ItemUIRegistryImpl.java:609)[136:org.eclipse.smarthome.ui:0.9.0.201610312128] at org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.classic.internal.render.SwitchRenderer.renderWidget(SwitchRenderer.java:57)[186:org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.classic:0.9.0.201610312128] at org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.classic.internal.render.PageRenderer.renderWidget(PageRenderer.java:166)[186:org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.classic:0.9.0.201610312128] at org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.classic.internal.render.PageRenderer.processChildren(PageRenderer.java:123)[186:org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.classic:0.9.0.201610312128] at org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.classic.internal.render.PageRenderer.processChildren(PageRenderer.java:144)[186:org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.classic:0.9.0.201610312128] at org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.classic.internal.render.PageRenderer.processPage(PageRenderer.java:86)[186:org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.classic:0.9.0.201610312128] at org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.classic.internal.servlet.WebAppServlet.service(WebAppServlet.java:142)[186:org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.classic:0.9.0.201610312128] at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:812)[81:org.eclipse.jetty.servlet:9.2.14.v20151106] at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:587)[81:org.eclipse.jetty.servlet:9.2.14.v20151106] at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.HttpServiceServletHandler.doHandle(HttpServiceServletHandler.java:70)[172:org.ops4j.pax.web.pax-web-jetty:4.2.4] at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:143)[80:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.2.14.v20151106] at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:577)[79:org.eclipse.jetty.security:9.2.14.v20151106] at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:223)[80:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.2.14.v20151106] at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1127)[80:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.2.14.v20151106] at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.HttpServiceContext.doHandle(HttpServiceContext.java:271)[172:org.ops4j.pax.web.pax-web-jetty:4.2.4] at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:515)[81:org.eclipse.jetty.servlet:9.2.14.v20151106] at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:185)[80:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.2.14.v20151106] at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1061)[80:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.2.14.v20151106] at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141)[80:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.2.14.v20151106] at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.JettyServerHandlerCollection.handle(JettyServerHandlerCollection.java:80)[172:org.ops4j.pax.web.pax-web-jetty:4.2.4] at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:97)[80:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.2.14.v20151106] at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:499)[80:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.2.14.v20151106] at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:311)[80:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.2.14.v20151106] at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:257)[80:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.2.14.v20151106] at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$2.run(AbstractConnection.java:544)[72:org.eclipse.jetty.io:9.2.14.v20151106] at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:635)[83:org.eclipse.jetty.util:9.2.14.v20151106] at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:555)[83:org.eclipse.jetty.util:9.2.14.v20151106] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)[:1.8.0_111] 09:43:42.771 [ERROR] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item 'sFlur_Licht' for widget org.eclipse.smarthome.model.sitemap.Switch 09:43:42.772 [ERROR] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item for widget org.eclipse.smarthome.model.sitemap.Switch 09:43:42.774 [ERROR] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item 'sFlur_Licht' for widget org.eclipse.smarthome.model.sitemap.Switch 09:43:42.776 [ERROR] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item 'sFlur_Licht' for widget org.eclipse.smarthome.model.sitemap.Switch 09:43:42.778 [ERROR] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item 'sFlur_Licht' for widget org.eclipse.smarthome.model.sitemap.Switch 09:43:42.781 [ERROR] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item for widget org.eclipse.smarthome.model.sitemap.Selection 09:43:42.783 [ERROR] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item 'Light_scene_Flur' for widget org.eclipse.smarthome.model.sitemap.Selection 09:43:42.786 [ERROR] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item 'Light_scene_Flur' for widget org.eclipse.smarthome.model.sitemap.Selection 09:43:42.787 [ERROR] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item 'Light_scene_Flur' for widget org.eclipse.smarthome.model.sitemap.Selection 09:43:53.633 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - zwave_serial_zstick_5b97d7f6_serial_sof changed from 2856 to 2857 09:43:53.649 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - zwave_device_5b97d7f6_node9_alarm_burglar changed from ON to OFF
[/details]

Log with Slider:

[details=Summary] 09:44:42.245 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Refreshing model 'default.sitemap’
09:44:47.196 [WARN ] [eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler] - /classicui/app
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.classic.internal.render.AbstractWidgetRenderer.getStateAsNumber(AbstractWidgetRenderer.java:192)[186:org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.classic:0.9.0.201610312128]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.classic.internal.render.SliderRenderer.renderWidget(SliderRenderer.java:59)[186:org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.classic:0.9.0.201610312128]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.classic.internal.render.PageRenderer.renderWidget(PageRenderer.java:166)[186:org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.classic:0.9.0.201610312128]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.classic.internal.render.PageRenderer.processChildren(PageRenderer.java:123)[186:org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.classic:0.9.0.201610312128]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.classic.internal.render.PageRenderer.processChildren(PageRenderer.java:144)[186:org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.classic:0.9.0.201610312128]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.classic.internal.render.PageRenderer.processPage(PageRenderer.java:86)[186:org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.classic:0.9.0.201610312128]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.classic.internal.servlet.WebAppServlet.service(WebAppServlet.java:142)[186:org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.classic:0.9.0.201610312128]
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:812)[81:org.eclipse.jetty.servlet:9.2.14.v20151106]
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:587)[81:org.eclipse.jetty.servlet:9.2.14.v20151106]
at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.HttpServiceServletHandler.doHandle(HttpServiceServletHandler.java:70)[172:org.ops4j.pax.web.pax-web-jetty:4.2.4]
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:143)[80:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.2.14.v20151106]
at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:577)[79:org.eclipse.jetty.security:9.2.14.v20151106]
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:223)[80:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.2.14.v20151106]
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1127)[80:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.2.14.v20151106]
at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.HttpServiceContext.doHandle(HttpServiceContext.java:271)[172:org.ops4j.pax.web.pax-web-jetty:4.2.4]
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:515)[81:org.eclipse.jetty.servlet:9.2.14.v20151106]
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:185)[80:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.2.14.v20151106]
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1061)[80:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.2.14.v20151106]
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141)[80:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.2.14.v20151106]
at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.JettyServerHandlerCollection.handle(JettyServerHandlerCollection.java:80)[172:org.ops4j.pax.web.pax-web-jetty:4.2.4]
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:97)[80:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.2.14.v20151106]
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:499)[80:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.2.14.v20151106]
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:311)[80:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.2.14.v20151106]
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:257)[80:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.2.14.v20151106]
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$2.run(AbstractConnection.java:544)[72:org.eclipse.jetty.io:9.2.14.v20151106]
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:635)[83:org.eclipse.jetty.util:9.2.14.v20151106]
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:555)[83:org.eclipse.jetty.util:9.2.14.v20151106]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)[:1.8.0_111]
[/details]

btw: there is no file “openhab.log” at userdata/Log/
just de_english-words.txt (empty), de_unknown.txt (empty) and server.txt

Define the Item per usual. Then at the end add {channel="<ID>"}. That is all there is to it. You can find the channel ID from the Karaf console, PaperUI, or Habmin pretty easily.

If you installed by apt-get the logs are located in /var/log/openhab. If you installed manually the log file should be <where ever you unzipped openHAB>/userdata/logs

1 Like

Hmm, it’s a little bit frustrating. 2 days and not a half step forward, and I have no idea what’s the problem.

That’s for 1 Milight bulb

// Licht EZ
Dimmer dEZ_Licht "EZ Dimmer" /*"brightness [%.0f]"*/ {milight="bridge1;7;brightness;27"} {channel="milight:rgbLed:ACCF2353D5E4:7:ledbrightness"}
Color cEZ_Licht "EZ Colorpicker" {milight="bridge1;7"}  {channel="milight:rgbLed:ACCF2353D5E4:7:ledcolor"}
Switch wEZ_Licht     "Weiss"   {milight="bridge1;7;whiteMode"} {channel="milight:rgbLed:ACCF2353D5E4:7:ledcolor"}

and here the part in the sitemap:

sitemap Wohnung label="Wohnung"
{
    Frame label="Esszimmer" 
    {
        Switch item=wEZ_Licht
        Switch item=sEZ_Licht
        Colorpicker item=cEZ_Licht
        // Selection item=Light_scene mappings=[0="weiß", 1="rot", 2="gelb", 3="grĂŒn", 4="dunkelgrĂŒn", 5="cyan", 6="blau", 7="magenta"]        
    }

Frame label="Flur" 
    {
        Colorpicker item=cFlur_Licht
        Switch item=sFlur_Licht
        // Selection item=Light_scene_Flur mappings=[0="weiß", 1="rot", 2="gelb", 3="grĂŒn", 4="dunkelgrĂŒn", 5="cyan", 6="blau", 7="magenta"]        
    } 
}

and here the milight.cfg into the services folder

################################ Milight Binding #################################

#Host of the first Milight bridge to control 
milight:bridge1.host=192.168.178.49
milight:bridge1.port=8899 

#Host of the second Milight bridge to control 
milight:bridge2.host=192.168.178.73
milight:bridge2.port=8899 

Is there anything incorrect?

Hey Stefan,
I do not use the Milight Binding myself. You should have opened a new thread with a speaking title so users would actually see “milight” and say "Hey, I know that!"
Maybe @Kai or @hmerk can help, they are the authors of http://docs.openhab.org/addons/bindings/milight/readme.html

In the mean time you should look into other bindings. In the beginning I had to learn a lot of things by playing around
 Look into astro, network or some weather binding to make progress.

Good luck!

@Stefanseiner on first sight, it looks as you are mixing configurations here, old openHAB 1.x binding configs and openHAB 2.0 channel configs for the same item.

What version of the milight binding are you using. If it is the 2.0 version, you don’t need a milight.cfg in conf/services. if it is the 1.x version, please remove the leading milight: in the config file.

As @ThomDietrich already pointed out, please open a new conversation for questions around a specific binding, or search if the same question already might have been asked and answered.

@hmerk in this case the README is desperately looking for an update! The milight= syntax is in there which is obviously not correct anymore.

No, openHAB 1.x uses the prefix as it is a config in openhab.cfg.
Thats what the readme says.
Using a 1.x binding with seperate .cfg file, the prefix is not needed, thats by design of openHAB 2.

Edit : Sorry @ThomDietrich, just saw that you are refering to the openHAB 2 binding doku. I that case, you are right, this needs to be updated by @David_Graff.