Somfy Tahoma - Will the new mobile app influence the binding?

Hi all,

I am using the Somfy Tahoma binding in local developer mode. Today I received an eMail from Somfy announcing a new mobile Tahoma app for Android and Apple. To be able to use the app, the Tahoma configuration apparently needs to migrated. Among other things the app states that after the migration, there will no longer be a way to control Tahoma from a PC. Control will only be possible from the mobile app.

I am really hesitant to migrate my Tahoma configuration fearing that the process will render the Tahoma binding useless by changing the API.

Did anyone already complete the process of migrating to the new app? Did it have any effect on the binding?

Thanks for your time,
Michael

Based on that warning I’d bet there is a near 100% chance that migrating will break the OH binding.

I think there is a slight chance that the developer mode might still work considering it’s a local API whereas the old browser application and the app are cloud based. The Developer Mode documentation (GitHub - Somfy-Developer/Somfy-TaHoma-Developer-Mode: A collection of requests to use a local API with Somfy TaHoma gateways) does not say anything about that at the moment. But I don’t really want to risk it either…

after the migration, there will no longer be a way to control Tahoma from a PC. Control will only be possible from the mobile app.

That implies that they are turning off the local API. Otherwise why would PC control become no longer possible?

By “control from a PC” I was refering to the browser application since there is no native desktop application that I know of. The browser / web application is using the standard cloud connection of the Tahoma box which is intended for regular consumer use. The developer API that can be used with the Tahoma Binding is only locally available, separate from the cloud API and needs to be manually unlocked.

Just like you I am pretty certain the cloud API has been altered but I am hopeful the developer (i. e. local) API remains untouched.