Somfy /Tahomalink cloud problems?

Since a week or so i’m unable to use the Somfy/Tahoma devices from openhab. The bridge shows an login failed error. When i manually login. I get different results.

  1. => After login i get a pop-up “An error occured on the server”
  2. => After login i get some prettified exception page. It looks like some rate limit has exceeded. I’m not aware of this.

The binding is setup to: Refresh: 30 / Status Timeout 300 / Retries 10 / Retry delay 1000.
I have disbled the binding for now. Hopefully the quota for the rate limiter gets reset at some point in time. I really hate all this cloud stuff, oneday i hope to find a device that can control all Somfy stuff locally.

More users having this problem? Any advice?

First thing to check is the protocol that your Somfy devices use, what kind of devices are they and do you want to invest in a different solution than Tahomalink?

Protocol: RTS, io or combination?

A lot of Somfy io protocol devices can be controlled using the Velux KLF200, which is a local device. No issues with the cloud :slight_smile: Downside is an investment of about 200 Euro, probably less. Note that this is for window shades, curtains, blinds, windows, etc. Don’t know for opening gates or switching lighting or electrical outlets, however I wouldn’t know why one would use Somfy devices for the latter two as there are so many cheaper and probably better brands / solutions.

For RTS you might want to look into RFXCOM. Personally no experience with that.

I was not trying to start a thread about alternatives. But somehow the service is working again.

I learned that there is a new and better alternative then the klf200

I had the same issue. Disabled the bridge for almost a day.
Then reactivated it and set the Refresth to 120, so 4 times less checks.
Personally I don’t need an update every 30 seconds as I only have 1 awning. Currently working fine.

EDIT: even with 120 I got blocked. Now set to 3600 (60min) and it keeps on working. For me it is fine as only have 1 awning for this.