Sonoff SNZB-02P with Phoscon/deConz

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: AMD64/1GB/25GB (VirtualBox VM)
    • Java Runtime Environment: Zulu 17
    • openHAB version: 4
  • Issue of the topic: I have a Zigbee network integrated into my OpenHAB 4 installation. My Zigbee hub is a Conbee II stick and I use the deConz binding. I have several Sonoff SNZB-02 and SNZB-02D temperature and humidity sensors in my Zigbee network and they work without a hitch. However, I have now tried adding two Sonoff SNZB-02P temperature and humidity sensors and they are not detected at all. I guess this is more of a ConBee II / Phoscon / deConz rather than an OpenHAB issue and I have written to Dresden Elektronik to see if they can assist. Nevertheless, I would be grateful for any advice if anyone has had any experience with this sensor and has been successful in using it in OpenHAB. Is Phoscon an obsolescent driver and should I try to migrate to Zigbee2MQTT instead? If so, does this sensor work with that binding and how much of a pain is it to migrate? Thank you.

There is no binding for Z2M. It’s a separate service that uses an MQTT broker (also separate) and the MQTT binding to communicate with openHAB. It’s easy to add Z2M and the Mosquito MQTT broker if you’re using openHABian. Shouldn’t be too hard without openHABian, but a litle more manual.

Check the Z2M website to see if your devices have been added. I expect that they have been already.

I would also expect deConz to add the new Sonoff sensors in time, but I don’t know anything about how it works or how it’s maintained.