I have the Xiaomi hub and temperature sensors and the Sonoff switches. Why mix them?
I had the Xiaomi already and you can add the temp sensors to many places without the switches. Also prefer the Sonoff as a switch as it has the CE marks.
Did not want to go and mess with the Sonoff wiring, looks easy enough but wanted to see if other options where easier.
- Install openHAB2
- Use the Xiaomi app on your phone, about menu and double tapping (good instructions online)
- Use the openHAB2 inbox and add any things
- Add items for the things
- Install the openHAB Cloud
- Configure the Open cloud in the service and add the items
- Create an account in myopenhab.org (need to search for ID and secret)
- Your items should appear
- create an IFTT account
- Open your IFTT add the ewelink account
- Open your IFTT and add the openHAB account
- you can now mix Xiaomi and sonoff in IFTT rules.
Its a lot of kit to keep running, it works but flashing might be easier long term