Sonoff TH16 is not sending Temp to openhab

Hello,
I have successfully flashed and connected a Sonoff TH16 into my openhab2 system 2 weeks ago. I set my Pi up at the same time, so the software should be uptodate.

I’m able to toogle the Switch via openhab but if I want to publish the Temperature I will just receive a NULL °C, see below:
grafik

I’m able to see the current Temperature via putty or mqqt FX but not via openhab:
See example:
[19:29:38] openhabian@openHABianPi:~$ mosquitto_sub -h localhost -t “+/Sonoff_Temp_1/#” -v
tele/Sonoff_Temp_1/LWT Online
tele/Sonoff_Temp_1/STATE {“Time”:“2018-10-20T18:32:30”,“Uptime”:“0T21:01:24”,“Vcc”:3.496,“POWER”:“ON”,“Wifi”:{“AP”:1,“SSId”:“UPC7927287”,“BSSId”:“38:43:7D:67:C5:DC”,“Channel”:1,“RSSI”:100}}
tele/Sonoff_Temp_1/SENSOR {“Time”:“2018-10-20T18:32:30”,“DS18B20”:{“Temperature”:21.1},“TempUnit”:“C”}

Here is the code how configuted the item (Sonoff TH16):
Switch Sonoff_Temp_1 “Sonoff-Temp” (LR,gLight) { mqtt=">[openmqtt:cmnd/Sonoff_Temp_1/POWER:command:*:default], <[openmqtt:stat/Sonoff_Temp_1/POWER:state:default]" }

Number Sonoff_Temp_Test “Temperature Sonoff [%s %%]” {mqtt="<[openmqtt:tele/Sonoff_Temp_1/SENSOR:State:JSONPATH($.DS18x20.DS1.Temperature)]"}

Has anybody had a similar issue? I’m alreday searching for the answer since I set the system up 2 weeks ago… If some informations are missing, just let me know.
I would appreciate some hint :slight_smile:

state not State
And your JSONPATH is incorrect
I also added the Number:Temperature so you can make use of the UoM
and changed the formatting of the label

Number:Temperature Sonoff_Temp_Test “Temperature Sonoff [%.1f °C]” {mqtt="<[openmqtt:tele/Sonoff_Temp_1/SENSOR:state:JSONPATH($.DS18B20.Temperature)]"}

Thanks for the feedback.
unfortunattely after incering you code I’m unable to connetc the sonoff at all:
[21:26:56] openhabian@openHABianPi:~$ mosquitto_sub -h control_central -t stat/Sonoff_Temp_1/STATUS -v
Unable to connect (Lookup error.).

After deleting the line and restation OH2 it workes the used way again.
I Implemented your changes to my existing line but I’m still unable to publish the Temperature in OH2

Any other idea

That has nothing to do with my code. The binding only subscribes to the mqtt broker so has no effect on it.
There was some “smart quotes”: “” and it should be:"" in the item

This is because you are not using the How to use code fences

Your item should be:

Number:Temperature Sonoff_Temp_Test "Temperature Sonoff [%.1f °C]" { mqtt="<[openmqtt:tele/Sonoff_Temp_1/SENSOR:state:JSONPATH($.DS18B20.Temperature)]" }

you are awesome now it workes

I just created a new Sonoff_1 item

[22:18:45] openhabian@openHABianPi:~$ sudo nano /etc/openhab2/items/sonoff_1.items
Number Sonoff_Temp_Test3 "Temperature Sonoff3 [%s %%]"  {mqtt="<[openmqtt:tele/Sonoff_Temp_1/SENSOR:state:JSONPATH($.DS18B20.Temperature)]"}

I just left the Number:Temperature

and thank you for the feedback on how to use the code fences

Please mark the thread as solved, thanks.