Sonos doorbell volumen

Hello!

I would like to create a simple doorbell which would play an mp3 on all sonos devices.

It works, but i have problems getting the volumen to lets say 60% for all the devices.

I make some testing, but the volume stays different on all devices, any idea what i did wrong ?

rule    "Klingel"
	when
		Item    t2s_klingel      received update 
	then
	if 	(sonos_ausgabe.state==ON)
		{
		setMasterVolume(new PercentType(80))
		playSound("voy_door_chime_2.mp3", new PercentType(50))
		//playSound("voy_door_chime_2.mp3")
		//say("Es ist jemand an der Tür !","voicerss:deDE","sonos:PLAY3:RINCON_000E58F1881C01400")
		//playSound("sonos:PLAY1:RINCON_949F3EFB041801400","voy_door_chime_2.mp3", new PercentType(10))
		//say("Es ist jemand an der Tür !","voicerss:deDE","sonos:PLAY1:RINCON_949F3EFB041801400")	
		}
end

I also tried to set the “notification volume” in the sonos.things but it did not help. In my case the sonos devices use the volume which was used the last time the device was playing.

Only the default sink uses the notifi volume and gots back to normal volumen.

How can i play an mp3 at all devices with the same volume ?

Using the playSound method without specifying an audiosink, the sound will always be played only on the default audiosink.

IMHO you would need to group the devices before in order to get what you want ( never tested it).

Yes, i thought of grouping, but it takes up to 30 seconds to do so. So this is no option. I tried to delete the default sink but also that does not help.

Anyone with some ideas ?

Hi Scotty, have you been able to get it done? I am actually trying exatcly the same. But I got already got stuck in playing the sound on all my sonos devices at the same time. How did you set up your “sonos_ausgabe” item?

regards,

Moritz

I don’t think that there is an “instant” method to group all sonos players (IMHO it isn’t instant when grouping via the sonos app as well!).