SONOS: notificationsound and TuneIn-Radio

4 & 8 yrs,they totally got involved in a discussion with alexa right now :slight_smile:

works peferctly:

I havent implemented every room-setting yet.
Still I lack a solution for playback on all sonos-devices :slight_smile:

One bug in my setup, which I haven’t solved yet. When restarting OH the last string is/could be played. It is probably coming from the persistence-policy “restoronstartup”. Could be a killer for the WAF.

Im using the same policy. already had some not so WAF-situations :slight_smile:

Anyway:
Ive tried your suggestions - learned a lot - but still:
TuneIn still wont recover.

My testing-rule (Ive configured the Sonos in the living-room also as audiosink in paperui for testing the off-slahed line “say(Home_TTS_Message.state.toString,“voicerss:deDE”)” - the output works, but not the resume (SONOS is on the most recent firmware):

rule "TTS Textinput Rule"

when
        Item Home_TTS_Message changed
then
        var String AudioSink
        logInfo("TTS_textinput.rules", "Nachricht geaendert zu: "+ Home_TTS_Message.state.toString() + " mit geplanter Ausgabe auf: "+TTS_Ausgabe_Device.state.toString())
        switch(TTS_Ausgabe_Device.state.toString()) {
                case "Alexa": {
                        Echo_Living_Room_TTS.sendCommand(Home_TTS_Message.state.toString())
                }
                case "Wohnzimmer": {
                        AudioSink="sonos:CONNECT:RINCON_B8E9379B6FD401400"
                        say(Home_TTS_Message.state.toString,"voicerss:deDE",AudioSink)
                        //say(Home_TTS_Message.state.toString,"voicerss:deDE")
                }
                default: {
                        logInfo("TTS_textinput.rules", "Unerwarteter Ausgabekanal: "+TTS_Ausgabe_Device.state.toString())
                }
        }
end

to make it worse:

1. played a radio station from tunein
  2. used openhab to inject a TTS-message
  3. message was played, no resume of tunein
  4. started a spotify-playlist
  5. used openhab to iniect a TTS-message
  6. message was played and afterwards the playlist resumed
  7. started playeing a radio station from tunein
  8. used openhab to inject a TTS-message
  9. nothing happened
  10. emptied the playlist
  11. used openhab to inject a TTS-message
  12. continue at bullet 3.

Any ideas? Can you reproduce the behaviour?

Problem solved :slight_smile:

It was in the end a problem of my Sonos-configuration, especially the TuneIn-Part.
I deleted all the stations I have added some years ago to “my stations” and favourized them again (I had to remove them by using the IOS-app, the OSX-application did not offer the option).

Works now like a charm :slight_smile:

Thank you all for your support and the additional ideas for improving my setup!

1 Like

…and I just read the first post in that triple and started a recording on my boxes with “Good Morning Alexander”(or should that be …America).

Not need anymore, have fun with it.

Ive stumbled over another problem:
Using the say-command works fine on the Sonos-devices when in a “Sonos-mode”, eg playing TuneIn or Spotify.

A problem occured in my office-room, here the playbar is connected to the TV, the TV is connected to the dockingstation:
Eg:
Play xyz using the Mac connected to the TV
Trigger TTS on the Playbar using the notificationvolume in the things-configuration
TTS is played on the Player (notificationvolume is used)
Playback from the Mac continues, but with the notificationvolume instead of the former volume

My guess is, that I can catch this by getting the “recentVolume”, playing the TTS and setting the “recentVolume” again, but this sounds a bit inconvenient.

Does anyone of you had a similiar situation and found a workaround?

thx in advance,
cheers, Alexander