Sony Binding [4.0.0.M1;4.2.0)

This binding is for Sony IP based product line including TVs, BDVs, AVRs, Blurays, Soundbars and Wireless Speakers.

This is the OH 4,0 compatible version of Sony Binding [3.2.0;4.0.0). Installation details and documentation can be found there.

Version 4.0.1 - WITHDRAWN on 15.06.2024 due to regression error

  • Improved offline

Version 4.0.0

  • Initial 4.0 compatible version

Resources

https://github.com/andan67/openhab-addons/releases/download/openhab-addons-sony-4.0.0.beta01/org.openhab.binding.sony-4.0.0.kar

2 Likes

Is it in any way possible to send text messages to a Sony TV?
I tried different ways with no success.

You could try with the the channel appControl#textForm
Reference: setTextForm (v1.0) | BRAVIA Professional Displays Knowledge Center (sony.net)

Nope, does not work

It does not work indeed… anybody succeed to send a text message using this binding?

Thanks!

Hi

Trying to clean the openhab.log file I have found some logs that seems to be related with Sony Binding:

2024-04-21 16:39:24.014 [WARN ] [mmon.WrappedScheduledExecutorService] - Scheduled runnable ended with an exception: 
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid media type string: Content-Type: image/png
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.impl.MediaTypeHeaderProvider.internalValueOf(MediaTypeHeaderProvider.java:90) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.impl.MediaTypeHeaderProvider.valueOf(MediaTypeHeaderProvider.java:65) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.utils.JAXRSUtils.toMediaType(JAXRSUtils.java:1962) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.impl.ResponseImpl.getMediaType(ResponseImpl.java:313) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.impl.ResponseImpl.doReadEntity(ResponseImpl.java:431) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.impl.ResponseImpl.readEntity(ResponseImpl.java:410) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.impl.ResponseImpl.readEntity(ResponseImpl.java:400) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.sony.internal.net.HttpResponse.<init>(HttpResponse.java:90) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.sony.internal.net.HttpRequest.sendGetCommand(HttpRequest.java:100) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.sony.internal.transports.SonyHttpTransport.executeGet(SonyHttpTransport.java:272) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.sony.internal.transports.SonyHttpTransport.execute(SonyHttpTransport.java:112) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.sony.internal.transports.SonyHttpTransport.execute(SonyHttpTransport.java:242) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.sony.internal.transports.SonyHttpTransport.execute(SonyHttpTransport.java:225) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.sony.internal.transports.SonyHttpTransport.executeGet(SonyHttpTransport.java:165) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.sony.internal.net.NetUtil.getRawType(NetUtil.java:262) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.sony.internal.scalarweb.protocols.ScalarWebAppControlProtocol.refreshAppIcon(ScalarWebAppControlProtocol.java:345) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.sony.internal.scalarweb.protocols.ScalarWebAppControlProtocol.refreshChannel(ScalarWebAppControlProtocol.java:224) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.sony.internal.scalarweb.protocols.ScalarWebAppControlProtocol.refreshState(ScalarWebAppControlProtocol.java:200) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.sony.internal.scalarweb.protocols.ScalarWebProtocolFactory.lambda$2(ScalarWebProtocolFactory.java:167) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:539) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:304) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1136) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:635) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:833) [?:?]

Would it be possible to solve it?

  • Platform information:
    • Hardware: AMD/8Mb RAM/SSD 512Gb PCIe3
    • OS: W10Pro
    • Java Runtime Environment: Zulu Java 17
    • openHAB version: 4.1.1.

Regards

Diego

I will try to analyse this issue when I have some spare time. I understand that this is only a logging issue and not an observable defect, Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Seeing this error using 4.2.0.M3

TV - KD-65X9000H

2024-06-14 11:57:17.568 [INFO ] [g.sony.internal.AbstractThingHandler] - Received power on command when thing is offline - trying to turn on thing via WOL
2024-06-14 11:57:19.568 [WARN ] [g.sony.internal.AbstractThingHandler] - Malformed device url

Used to work just fine, until I bumped the OH release from 4.1.3

things file

sony:simpleip:home [ deviceAddress="192.168.60.94", commandsMapFile="bravia.map" ]

Appreciate not really supported so more just a heads up than a request for help! Would be nice if it worked though :wink:

I will look at this issue in course of the planned 4.2 upgrade of this binding.

I guess your issue is caused by a regression error which was introduced in the latest version 4.0.0.202405191519 of the binding and which manifests only for the simpleip protocol.

Therefore, I’ve linked the previous version here, so a re-installation of the binding from the marketplace should hopefully fix your issue.

A quick test of the binding against OH4.2.0.M3 with IRCC and Scalar protocols showed no errors. So I expect no general issues with the new OH version.

Works a treat, thank you :slight_smile: