Sony Devices Binding

Thank you for the fast replay
For others here is my setup:

.things
Thing sony:scalar:75f4e5156051 ‘TV1’ [ deviceAddress=“192.168.1.4”, macAddress=“5C:EA:1D:64:A1:15”, retry=4, netInterface=“wlan0”, checkStatusPolling=30, retryPolling=10, commandsMapFile=“tv.map”]

.items
String Bravia_IRCC “IRCC [%s]” { channel=“sony:scalar:75f4e5156051:system#sysCmd” }

Switch Bravia_Power “Power [%s]” { channel=“sony:scalar:75f4e5156051:system#powerstatus” }

Dimmer Bravia_Volume “Volume [%s]” { channel=“sony:scalar:75f4e5156051:audio#volume-speaker” }

Switch Bravia_AudioMute “Audio Mute [%s]” { channel=“sony:scalar:75f4e5156051:audio#mute-speaker” }

everything works except Bravia_IRCC (volume, mute, power but not change channels on the TV)

I took the channels from the paperUI, so the name is not the problem :frowning:
Any help would be appreciated. Why how do you think the sitemap for the Bravia_IRCC should be?
Thank you!

Sorry, I struggled with this as well - that’s why I discarded this way.

@Kiril_Tsvetanov and @NCO and @Deebee82

Can’t fix the issue until someone says there is an issue and I have logs to see the issue. Follow the first post (or the readmes) on how to turn on debugging. Then recreate the issue and send me the log (either send.firefox.com or via a PM).

Once I have the log detailing the issue - I can fix the issue fairly quickly…

@tmrobert8 When you get a chance, can you post a new version of the binding that contains the fix for getStateDecription? There are a few people who are experiencing the issue with other bindings not being able to get their state options. Thanks!

@mhilbush I’ll put out a new version later today…

1 Like

New Release: https://github.com/tmrobert8/openhab-addons/releases/tag/2.5-0406-1 (says 2.5.4 but will work with any 2.5.x system).

Changes:

1. Updated to 2.5.4
  2. Suppressing internal IP Address when sending to github (privacy issue)
  3. Fixed dynamic state description issue (thanks @mhilbush)
2 Likes

@tmrobert8
Tim, what I am doing wrong?
TV: KD-55XE9005 connected to LAN, no WiFi activated
Thing type: Scalar
Binding release: 2.5-0406-1
OH build: 2.5.3

Discovery works fine, channels are initialized with proper values (e.g. power status, volume, mute)
Values changed in Paper UI are transmitted to the TV.
But if volume, mute etc. are changed on TV there is no status update in the binding. The value in OH is still as initialized.

@igi

Sorry it took me a bit to reply. Make sure your refresh parameter is a non-zero (and something reasonable - it’s specified in seconds). Basically with TVs - the values will only be updated on a refresh…

If you do have a good value, I’ll likely need a debug log from you to see what’s happening…

Tim

Refresh interval ist set to 30. I will prepare the system for debugging…

New release (also updated the first post): https://github.com/tmrobert8/openhab-addons/releases/tag/2.5-0413-1

Fixes:

1. A rather glaring bug in refreshing state. In fact, so glaring I completely overlooked it. Thanks to @igi, @Nils_Rietveld and @11178 for noticing the issue…
2 Likes

Thank you @tmrobert8, it works now

Is it possible to display the title being played on Prime, Netflix and Google Play? There are some channels like title or data (in addition to status and icon) but no iformation. Should the channel display the information or do I get it wrong?

1 Like

Unfortunately no - the title is the title of the application (should have said “Netflix” or “Amazon Prime” etc) and data is part of the DIAL standard but looks to be unused by sony (was suppose to be a way to launch an application with specific data - like “launch netflix with data ‘walking dead’” to go to content directly - something you see apple tv doing).

That is really a pity.
But it seems to be possible to launch an application from outside, like “Play Walking Dead on Netflix” from my Google Home. Then Netflix is startig on TV and launch Walking Dead. Works also with Youtube vidos. I’m just not able to start Google Play but maybe i haven’t figured out the right command yet.

Interesting - if you’re any good with wireshark, be interesting to see the http traffic between google home and your sony tv when it launches with a specific title…

Sure. Any idea how to do that? I have a TL-SG105E tp-link switch. Here is TV connected, also Linux PC with OpenHAB and Unifi AP AC Pro. Google Home is connected to Unifi. How to capture in this scenario?

You’d need to wireshark over ssh to your router (kinda like https://kaischroed.wordpress.com/2013/01/28/howto-use-wireshark-over-ssh/). Won’t be easy and unless you know what you’re doing - fraught with potential issues. Let me know if you’re successful

Ok, I was able to capture with tcpdump on AP but the communication seems to be encrypted.

thanks for fixing that. i used the power status update to trigger lighting routines (going to bed, turn on lights on the way to the bedroom) and it was sorely missed.

Could it be possible as part of the Binding code to give IDs to each App and get a Channel that shows which App is currently on and can launch the correct App?

Of course it could also be done in a rule outside of the binding. But would be great to have inside :slight_smile: