Sony Devices Binding

hey

I reply you to your PM.

THX

never mind

Is KD-55AF9 of any help?

New release: https://github.com/tmrobert8/openhab-addons/releases/tag/2.5-0310-1

Latest release:

1. Added video service (thanks to @Nils_Rietveld for testing)
  2. Fixed illumination service
  3. Updated to 2.5.3 (will still work on any 2.5.x system)
  4. Fixed BDV detection issue (thanks to @marc1310 for testing)
  5. Fixed WOL dial/ircc issue (thanks to @marc1310 for testing)
  6. Fixed spelling error in javadoc
  7. Fixed case issue with a variable

hello,with KD-49XF7096 wich is with linux not android it is possible sony binding cuz i tryied but is not detecting?

1 Like

Just looked at the manual and a few forums. I’m really doubting whether you can - the manual doesn’t list any of the options that are typical for connectivity and a few forum messages seem to indicate that the official sony app doesn’t connect either.

Here’s what I’d do - find the IP address of the TV, create a scalar thing manually using the ip address and see if it goes online.

hello,its seems no open ports on KD-49XF7096 so just this message:Status: OFFLINE - COMMUNICATION_ERROR Error connecting to Scalar Web device (may need to turn it on manually) :unamused:

KD-55AG9 works with scalar interface. On/Off, mute, volume, channel selection, input selection works fine.
But it is not seems to be stable. I’m in a testing phase. As soon as I can discover when it will be offline and why I will report.

Hello,

i have following Problem:
I use the scalar and the ircc binding and everything works fine.
Only the coupling with the television set seems to wobble. With the scalar thing everything is stable and runs without problems. But the IRCC thing seems to lose authorization every now and then. In the configuration i then set the access code to something random and then set it back to the actual access code. Then it holds again a little while. This can be stable for a few days, but also for a few weeks, until it suddenly just disappears again. With Scalar, as I said, there are no problems at all.

Does anyone have an idea what could be the reason for this?

@Cosmin_Tinca - yeah I don’t think your device is capable of remote control

@kovacsi2899 - turn on debug for sony and wait until the error - then save the log an PM the log to me

@Deebee82 - two things. Do the above (debug, send log) and second - why use IRCC service if you are using scalar? Scalar has an IRCC channel and I can’t really think of something that scalar doesn’t cover over ircc?

First: How do i turn on the debugging?
Sencond: I use IRCC AND Scalar, as this turned out to be the best option.
I use Scalar mainly to control apps, things that IRCC can’t even do. The same as to get feedback whether the TV is switched on or off. In the beginning I also used Scalar to map all IRCC commands, but I noticed that these commands react quite slowly with Scalar. For example, if you press the right arrow 5 times in quick succession, you have to wait a moment until the five commands have been executed.
That’s why I used IRCC, which in my case reacts much faster and more direct.
So I had the perfect mixture of performance and variety of possibilities.

NCO did you fix this? I’m at the same place. my IRCC commands are not working

Hi Kiril,
I don’t use this anymore as I have a Harmony Hub doing all this stuff through OH

Thank you for the fast replay
For others here is my setup:

.things
Thing sony:scalar:75f4e5156051 ‘TV1’ [ deviceAddress=“192.168.1.4”, macAddress=“5C:EA:1D:64:A1:15”, retry=4, netInterface=“wlan0”, checkStatusPolling=30, retryPolling=10, commandsMapFile=“tv.map”]

.items
String Bravia_IRCC “IRCC [%s]” { channel=“sony:scalar:75f4e5156051:system#sysCmd” }

Switch Bravia_Power “Power [%s]” { channel=“sony:scalar:75f4e5156051:system#powerstatus” }

Dimmer Bravia_Volume “Volume [%s]” { channel=“sony:scalar:75f4e5156051:audio#volume-speaker” }

Switch Bravia_AudioMute “Audio Mute [%s]” { channel=“sony:scalar:75f4e5156051:audio#mute-speaker” }

everything works except Bravia_IRCC (volume, mute, power but not change channels on the TV)

I took the channels from the paperUI, so the name is not the problem :frowning:
Any help would be appreciated. Why how do you think the sitemap for the Bravia_IRCC should be?
Thank you!

Sorry, I struggled with this as well - that’s why I discarded this way.

@Kiril_Tsvetanov and @NCO and @Deebee82

Can’t fix the issue until someone says there is an issue and I have logs to see the issue. Follow the first post (or the readmes) on how to turn on debugging. Then recreate the issue and send me the log (either send.firefox.com or via a PM).

Once I have the log detailing the issue - I can fix the issue fairly quickly

@tmrobert8 When you get a chance, can you post a new version of the binding that contains the fix for getStateDecription? There are a few people who are experiencing the issue with other bindings not being able to get their state options. Thanks!

@mhilbush I’ll put out a new version later today

1 Like

New Release: https://github.com/tmrobert8/openhab-addons/releases/tag/2.5-0406-1 (says 2.5.4 but will work with any 2.5.x system).

Changes:

1. Updated to 2.5.4
  2. Suppressing internal IP Address when sending to github (privacy issue)
  3. Fixed dynamic state description issue (thanks @mhilbush)
2 Likes

@tmrobert8
Tim, what I am doing wrong?
TV: KD-55XE9005 connected to LAN, no WiFi activated
Thing type: Scalar
Binding release: 2.5-0406-1
OH build: 2.5.3

Discovery works fine, channels are initialized with proper values (e.g. power status, volume, mute)
Values changed in Paper UI are transmitted to the TV.
But if volume, mute etc. are changed on TV there is no status update in the binding. The value in OH is still as initialized.