Sony Devices Binding

I’ve been looking into sony blurays and have figured out how to connect to them properly (do the pairing from openhab). This one will take awhile to build - the API is based on http and xml files (hate that). No ability to do two-communication but I will be able to do polling to get information (psuedo two way). One bonus is that it (hopefully) can support alot of devices (see devices - only the remote column) including non-bluray. Obviously can’t guarantee that however. Will probably take a week or so to digest all the information and plan it out - probably another week to code it all.

yes, “wlan0” fixed it.
thanks

Just tried this on our KDL50W805C, oddly it doesn’t work despite being almost the same as @Farhanito’s TV. It might be a wired/wireless thing though, as we’ve got ours running on wireless right now. I get connection refused in the OH2 logs.

I did a quick port scan and did notice only 80 and 8009 show up, I get connection refused if I try to telnet into it too.

Did you enable Simple IP Control on the TV itself (should be somewhere in the network settings)?

Yep, though perhaps it needs restarting.

I’ll give that a try once the TV isn’t in use.

Did you ever get that to work? What I found surprising is what ports are open on your tv (20060 should be open for simple ip control)

Just uploaded a new zip file at PR-1249 that corrects a few minor issues (mainly logging issues).

1 Like

All,

I started to use the Sony Binding (thanks for that - I struggled a lot with using Sony bravia auth and remote).
Could someone post an example changing the channel on the TV?
In the things in Paper UI I can find:

Channel
sony:bravia:a7e20434:channel
The channel ("5.1", "50.2", etc)

So what does is mean, if I would like to switch to chanel 1 or 20?
I tried:

sony:bravia:a7e20434:channel#20.2

(like in astro: {channel=“astro:sun:local:season#name”}

but it doesn’t work

The ‘channel’ channel is setup to receive a string (ie stringtype) that represents the new channel number you want to change to (either through a rule change or through value change in the UI). In the paperui, you can find the channel, double click on it’s value, type in channel number and press enter - should change to it then.

In the various UIs, the easiest would be to setup a selection tag in the sitemap that contains a mapping of all of your channels - then you can select the channel you want changed to. See the examples I show in the README.md that do just that.

Thanks - I will check it out later…

Nope, still nothing. I think perhaps it only works on a wired connection? I’d check but I won’t have a wired connection to it for a few weeks when we move.

Finally I am back on checking this out.
Could you please point me to the readme.md you are referring to?
I did not find your binding with the readme in the oh2 location of github yet.
Thanks in advance

Hi,
its working for me currently (after it suddenly stopped for a while). The only issue I have is, the channel cannot be read from broadcast. In the log, there is:
[WARN ] [.sony.internal.bravia.BraviaProtocol] - Unparsable channel response: 00000010.0000000
Does my TV have a different format for the channel response?

Thanks

Follow the link I posted above (to a pull request) - look in the comments for a zip file. Within the zip file you’ll find the readme. BTW - I’ll likely be posting a new file next week with support for the IRCC service (sony tv’s without simple ip, blu ray players, av media devices) that also contains quite a few changes for this. Up to you if you want to wait on it…

Thanks for posting that issue - that issue (unparsable channel response) is fixed in the next version which I’ll be posting next week

@tmrobert8

thanks - I checked the README and realized that I have seen that before :wink:
So Channels are working fine now for me:

Number Sonne_Channel "Kanal [%s]" <channel> {channel="sony:bravia:Sonne:ir"}

with

Selection item=Sonne_Channel     mappings=[18="ARD",19="ZDF"]
Selection item=Sonne_Channel     mappings=[80="Prev",44="CH -",33="CH +"]

However, I still struggle to understand the format mentioned in your README:
for instance 50.1="50.1"
What does this mean? I need to send the string “50.1” to the TV
Does this mean the TV switches to channel 501 ???
If not how to swith to e.g. channel “20” ?

Thanks for your patience :slight_smile:

Just want to be clear - the “ir” channel is how you send remote control commands. The “channel” channel is where you’d specify what tv channel to turn to.

The “channel” channel is not a number - its a string and it’s format is like “.” (where the subchannel is optional). In the example - 50.1=“50.1” would change the TV channel to channel 50, subchannel 1. For you - if you simply want to change to a tv channel 20 - you’d use 20=“20” (or 20=“NBC” or whatever station representation is for tv channel 20)

Note: don’t put too much time into the “ir” channel. Next version (next week) changes it pretty radically (you use string rather than numbers and have a [generated] transformation file)

Wired the TV in and it seems to work now, so I think Simple IP Control doesn’t work over wifi

Works over my wifi just fine. Is your wifi and wire on different subnets? May be a simple routing issue (ie openhab can reach the wired ip but can’t reach the wifi ip)…

The only other thing that changed is I switched to the nightly OpenHAB, could be that?