Sony Devices Binding

That may be as well. If you can switch back to wireless, give it a try (also note the IP address on both the wired and wireless - make sure they are on the same subnet).

When github becomes available, I’ll be posting a new zip file that contains the IRCC binding. The IRCC binding provides support for many Sony Devices (tvs, avr, blurays, etc).

If you have already setup the binding, there are two MAJOR changes for you:

1. Changed the binding id from “bravia” to “simpleip”. You’ll need to update your things file (or re-discover the item)
  2. The “ir” channel now is a string field and a transformation file will be created at startup that will map the string value to the proper numeric code. This allows you to send “Left”, “Right” whatever to the channel rather than numeric values.

Please read the new README.md when it get’s posted.

I’ll post another note when github finally becomes available

1 Like

I’ve just posted the newest zip on PR-1249. Please read the README.md included in the file. It’s a bit lengthy but has some important information in it. This is really alpha code and may still have issues (especially with IRCC versions that I don’t have to test with). Good luck and please post any results.

Note: I will not be able to respond until monday - going to be gone for the next few days

Finally, got around to test this for BRAVIA KDL-55W807A (IRCC device).

Using discovery, it discovers http://x.x.x.x:52323/dmr.xml as the IRCC URL. After manually adding the mac address, the device shows as “online”. I can now turn the TV on and off via OpenHab. However, the power state is not updated if I use another remote to turn the TV on or off.

The discovered Thing has a lot of “channels”, but none of them seem to work, or at least not with Paper UI’s “simple mode” that auto-creates items from channels. Most of the channels (screenshot), are text fields, and are not working out of the box. Some of them are also a bit weird, such as the web browser switch, or the is viewing switch (see image).

Hopefully, I will get to test with a bit more manual thing setup, as described in the README.

Thanks for trying it out. Given the ‘Version’ is blank - the binding can only operate like a remote (ie no way to receive status) and will only support the “Power” and “IRCC Command” channels (and “Version”). There is no way to receive any type of status information (so there is no way to know what the current state of the TV is nor if that state changes). I tried to document that in the README.md but I must not have been clear enough.

You could try the SimpleIp (should have been autodiscovered as well or you can set it up manually)? That should give you full feedback for the bravia.

Note: my longer term plan is to implement the DIAL and the X-SCALARWEB services - then I’ll go back and wrap all the services into logic bridges (Bravia, BluRays, AVRs and eventually Playstations).

I tried to document that in the README.md but I must not have been clear enough.

I think it was clear enough. This was just my initial try to see how this binding supported my TV out off the box, and report that back. The TV has no simple IP support, or at least I have not found it in any network related menu under that name. If I get time later, I will check out if I can get e.g. channel and volume controll to work via the IRCC command and maybe compare it against what I can do easily via scripts. Might be a while though.

Ok good. Pretty easy to try out the IRCC in the PaperUI - just link the channel, go to the dashboard and double click the “IRCC Command” channel and type in the string name of the command (you can find those in the ircc-xxxx.map that should have been created on startup in your transform directory) and press enter (that’s how I largely tested it). Likely type in “VolumeUp” for up volume, etc.

Note: simple to test with your scripts as well - just send the “VolumeUp” to that channel.

2 Likes

What is the state of the binding? Is it somewhat ready, how can i get it and will it be available in the openhab paper ui?

I’m looking for people to test it. I feel pretty confident on bravia tvs (either simple or ircc bound). Works with my bluray but really need others to verify. Should work with AVRs but I don’t have one to test and nobody has stepped forward to try to test. Beyond testing, I’m getting close to releasing support for controlling smart apps on any sony device that supports apps (tvs, blurays and possibly playstations).

You can download the zip file from PR-1249. Unzip the file, read the README.md (lots of important information contained in it) and then drop the jar file into your addons directory.

hi @tmrobert8 I downloaded the binding and it works. My tv is only discovered as ircc device. I read the read.me but im still not quite sure how i control stuff and if its possible like play pause, volume etc? I can see it ass a simpleip

Really depends on what version your TV supports (in the paperui - there is a “Version” channel - what’s it’s value?). If it’s blank - then the TV only supports the “IRCC Command” channel. Link the channel in the paperui, bring up the dashboard, double click on “IRCC Command” and type “VolumeUp” - press enter and the volume should go up by one. If you look in your transforms directory - there should be a file called “Ircc-[xxxx].map” that contains all the commands your TV supports.

@tmrobert8 It doesnt show any version. And the ircc command from paper ui doesnt do anything. Does this mean i cant control volume when its only ircc? If i can how do i set up a manual way as item and sitemap with the command channel?

Edit: There is plenty of commands for everything in the transform file. How to i map this with the command channel? and how does the .sitemap look

Sorry - was away for a few days. Two things you might want to try first:

1. Is the binding online? Just double checking

2. When you send the command via paperui - you must match the case of the command (“VolumeUp” or whatever it says in the transform file).

Edit: Deleted it all. All i had to do was to install the map transformation in the paper ui

Bravia KD-43XD8005
IRCC only works with on/off
SimpleIP works fine (not all, but enough) - how can i get rid of thise error?

Since i do not find info on google or Sony’s documentations/manuals, does anybody know if the newest Bravia models (e.g. KD-49XD7005) also support simpleIP control?

I just tried the latest build with Bravia TV and BR Player but it would not work together.
For me it seems, its not possible to configure two different IRCC devices at the same time. Changing on thing would also trigger update message in the logs for the other IRCC thing. Thus it was not possible to request a new Auth Code from the second device. Is that correct?

Also I am not sure how to configure items to e.g. show currently running Channel. Or Just something like audio mute. Are there some examples? I can probably use an Item to send commands based on the code from the generated map file, but how would it show posted updates from changes on the device?

Thanks,
J

That’s a strange error actually. I’ll try to address it in the next version

The only advice I can offer is to look around the settings to see if you can find the option. There is no documentation as to which models support it nor does their support line offer any help (they will give you mumbo jumbo about it being for ‘advanced integrators only’ and won’t give you a peep of information).

That shouldn’t be correct - are you setting the ircc devices up through the paperui or manually?