Sony Devices Binding

I’ve been using this binding for quite a while with an xbr65x900e. I upgraded from 2.5.9 to 2.5.10 (that was the only significant thing I can remember) and now the power status doesn’t work.

Volume changes are still reflected in the event log but the power status - nada. Anyone see anything similar? Anyone have any ideas? I removed and re-added OH to the allowed devices by the TV. Same thing. again, volume changes (and presumably other things) are reflected in the event log fine.

Have you tried rebooting your tv?
I sometimes see the same thing happening. Bute for the mute channel and the “sysCmd” channels.
A reboot of android seems the solutions for me.

Yeah, it’s been rebooted. I finally noticed the “map” field was empty and filled that in and I think it’s working now after I’ve been fighting with it for a week.

I thought this was filled in automatically - guess not.

Hi Tim,

I want to say thanks for the add-on. I just followed the instruction to configure the add-on with my TV, and everything went super smooth. I haven’t done anything fancy yet. Currently I am just using the power status channel to make sure that I don’t turn off the great room’s light when sitting in one place for a long time watching a show.

But the number of available things really open up lots of opportunity in the future.

Thank you!

hey all,

i recently redid my openhab setup. upgraded from 2.5.3 to 2.5.10. and binding from 2.5.3 to 2.5.5.
now openhab wont see any of the tvs that use to be findable.
any idea whats going on?

the send.firefox.com doesnt look to work anymore :frowning: well it doesnt for me anyway. so i have attached it here

sony.log (15.1 KB)

I have the same…

1. Thing discovery is not working anymore
  2. SimpleIP does not work at all - Thing does not go online
  3. Scalar some items/channels do not work properly anymore. For example the TV source does not update when i change the channel on the TV. However i can still send commands from OH to that item

Rebooting TV and other fixes that used to work in the past do not work anymore :frowning:

I might have a clue what this is about.

Had a look at the logs and saw this when starting openhab:

2020-11-18 08:19:23.027 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.sony-2.5.5-SNAPSHOT.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.sony [203]
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.smarthome.config.discovery.upnp
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [bundleFile:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [bundleFile:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startAllBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1221) [bundleFile:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:515) [bundleFile:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [bundleFile:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [bundleFile:3.6.4]

Seems that the upnp requirement is not fulfilled (what would explain the missing discovery of the things) and now it can not be installed as given in the start post.
I believe it has something to do with the circumstance that the namespace “org.eclipse.smarthome” was changed to “org.openhab.xxx” so the binding does not find its requirements anymore.

Unfortunately nothing i can do about it since i am no proper deverloper :smiley:
Is @tmrobert8 still around?

wanted to ask when binding for oh3 comes

try

feature:install openhab-transport-upnp

on the OH console and a OH restart

It seems that @tmrobert8 is off the project for now.

I just upgraded to openHAB 2.5.10 and the Sony binding threw exceptions on initialization. I took Tim’s last code base for 2.5.5 and recompiled it on 2.5.11. Find the build here

Please note:

• I can’t provide any kind of support! I just did a re-build to solve my personal isssue after the upgrade
  • I’m can’t provide any support due to lacking knowledge about binding internals, protocols, experience in that field
  • This build doesn’t provide any improvements, fixes etc. maybe related to issues mentioned above, it’s just a rebuild of the 2.5.5 code from Tim’s repo

I was able to load the binding based on standard OH 2.5.10 distro with UPnP installed (see above). Maybe some of you could benefit.

I won’t expect this binding to become part of the 3.0 distro if @tmrobert8 doesn’t come back to the project or someone else takes over.

by the way: I don’t provide anymore updates for the 2.4 build mentioned in the initial post of this thread

1 Like

Thanks with this build at least SimpleIP works again for me.

I am still around but unbelievably busy (https://invest5.com). Keep hoping I’ll have some extra minutes to fix stuff and look into issues - but hasn’t occurred yet.

5 Likes

Ok i reported that SimpleIP works again a little too soon. At least the Thing goes online again but with SimpleIP and Scalar some Items behave strangely. For example the power item goes ON when starting the TV but with both protocols it doesn’t catch the OFF when i shut down the TV…#

Since the Sony firmware hasn’t changed i still believe it could be something with the imports. The only thing that i am aware of is that the “org.eclipse.smarthome” namespace was changed to “org.openhab”.

Hello,
I installed the SONY binding last week for BRAVIA KDL-55W829B and Openhab 2.5.10-1
I am using SimpleIP and yes TV has been discovered, I have managed to configure it and after changing wifi into lan ethernet seems it is working. Not sure if its possible but would be good to be able to change in Basic UI Input channel of the SimpleIP thing (now one can read only the status of input from TV setting)

I have configured Scalar thing also, then disable this thing in Paper UI but despite the thing is in the status UNINITIALIZED- DISABLE the binding still is trying to connect via Scalar as follows:

2020-11-26 11:56:31.355 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler ScalarWebHandler tried updating the thing status although the handler was already disposed.

Hence, I need to stop openhab or uninstall the binding (?) in order to get rid of the repeting warning as above (this is apparently not a right behaviour)

I will be watching the conversation here hoping for a new update :slightly_smiling_face:

New release: https://github.com/tmrobert8/openhab-addons/releases/tag/2.5-1201-1

1. Based on 2.5.11 (I’m going to have to figure out with @Kai on how to get this to 3.0 [I’m sure I’m way behind on docs describing it)
  2. Fixed 401 authentication issue with header based systems (IRCC/DIAL)
  3. Added power refresh to simple ip
  4. Added cached commands (if offline, commands cached and executed when going online - only if the command is less than 2 minutes old).
  5. Some internal changes
4 Likes

Note: known issues that I’ll be fixing shortly:

1. Status of some scalar items is not refreshed
  2. That stupid “tried updating the thing status although the handler was already disposed.” message (I’ve looked at it in the past and it’s a pain to figure out why).

I’m pretty sure there may be other issues still in this thread I haven’t address - try the new one release and repost the issue if not fixed (and not part of the known stuff)

Thanks for your new build :slight_smile:
Unfortunately i am still experiencing problems:

2020-12-01 18:41:25.497 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'sony:simpleip:mysonytv' changed from INITIALIZING to UNKNOWN: Initializing ...
2020-12-01 18:41:26.011 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'sony:simpleip:mysonytv' changed from UNKNOWN: Initializing ... to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Error connecting to simple IP tv
2020-12-01 18:41:36.024 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'sony:simpleip:mysonytv' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Error connecting to simple IP tv to UNKNOWN: Initializing ...
2020-12-01 18:41:36.033 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'sony:simpleip:mysonytv' changed from UNKNOWN: Initializing ... to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Error connecting to simple IP tv
2020-12-01 18:41:46.071 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'sony:simpleip:mysonytv' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Error connecting to simple IP tv to UNKNOWN: Initializing ...
2020-12-01 18:41:46.079 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'sony:simpleip:mysonytv' changed from UNKNOWN: Initializing ... to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Error connecting to simple IP tv

Guess i have to supply a proper log.

FYI - there is a bug in the simpleip with adding the refresh power status to the refresh state that causes and endless loop. My recommendation is if you’re using simple ip - wait until the next version…

New release: https://github.com/tmrobert8/openhab-addons/releases/tag/2.5-1201-2

1. Fix power status bug in simple ip (endless loop)
  2. Improve initial status for scalar items
1 Like

Hey Tim, good to see you being back!

I’m going to have to figure out with @Kai on how to get this to 3.0

I have just triggered the “automatic migration build” on your PR - the 3.0 compatible code can be found at https://ci.openhab.org/job/openHAB-Addons-Migration/115/artifact/bundles/org.openhab.binding.sony/. This should be the bulk work of the migration. If you put that on the “main” branch, import it in the IDE and see whether it compiles or what still might need to be slightly adapted, you’re on a good way to create a new PR for 3.0 against the main branch.
Just to manage expectations, though: I have too much urgent stuff to work on before the release, so we won’t make it to get the 50K (are you serious…?) LOC fully reviewed and merged in time for the release - but we will do monthly milestones afterwards, so that we can look at it early next year.

2 Likes