Sony Devices Binding

Sorry for bothering, but still:

2020-12-01 21:20:40.838 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'sony:simpleip:mysonytv' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Error connecting to simple IP tv to UNKNOWN: Initializing ...
2020-12-01 21:20:40.857 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'sony:simpleip:mysonytv' changed from UNKNOWN: Initializing ... to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Error connecting to simple IP tv
2020-12-01 21:20:50.886 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'sony:simpleip:mysonytv' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Error connecting to simple IP tv to UNKNOWN: Initializing ...
2020-12-01 21:20:50.907 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'sony:simpleip:mysonytv' changed from UNKNOWN: Initializing ... to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Error connecting to simple IP tv

Anything i can do to help?

@andirs
You need to post the debug log (see first post on how to create it)

@Kai

Iā€™ll take a look - you do realize this has been fully reviewed like 3 or 4 times now by various people through out the years? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, I do - it wonā€™t need a thorough review anymore, but when I once started looking into it, I also noticed that for getting it into the official 3.x distro, there should be some adaptions.

Very strange. I fixed it, but lets see for how long.
Now that i have disabled SimpleIP on the TV, restarted the TV (not just turned off) and then enabled SimpleIP again it now works. Of course just disabling/enabling or just restarting the TV did not work.

Iā€™ll keep an eye on it and once the error comes again Iā€™ll produce a log.

Can somebody with a little adb knowledge give me the result of the following command from their Bravia TV similar to the KD-49XD7005?

adb shell settings get secure enabled_notification_listeners

I broke my notifications and would like to restore them :smiley:

Edit: Nevermind, it fixed itself somehow. The right NotificationListener was added, but i donā€™t know what triggered itā€¦

I tried the latest version and now with my BluRay player I donā€™t have authentication problem anymore. If I connect the player with an ethernet cable I can also power on the device. The only problem is that, after the power on, the IRCC thing never goes online and shows the following error:

ā€œUnable to request an access code - HOME menu not displayed on device. Please display the home menu and try again.ā€

I have this error also with correct code configured. To put the thingback online I have to change the Access Code field (it seems that it doesnā€™t matter what I insert) and save.

Hello

I have installed 2.5.11 Snapshot ( 2.5.11.202012011508 ) with Openhab 2.5.10-1 RFPi3, wanted to use SimpleIP only but seems worst than previous version in my case. The following logs while restarting OH

at org.openhab.binding.sony.internal.net.NetUtil.sendSocketRequest(NetUtil.java:319) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.sony.internal.simpleip.SimpleIpProtocol.sendCommand(SimpleIpProtocol.java:278) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.sony.internal.simpleip.SimpleIpProtocol.refreshPower(SimpleIpProtocol.java:324) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.sony.internal.simpleip.SimpleIpProtocol.refreshState(SimpleIpProtocol.java:241) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.sony.internal.simpleip.SimpleIpProtocol.handlePowerNotification(SimpleIpProtocol.java:832) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.sony.internal.simpleip.SimpleIpProtocol.handleNotification(SimpleIpProtocol.java:728) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.sony.internal.simpleip.SimpleIpProtocol.access$3(SimpleIpProtocol.java:719) ~[?:?]

Despite the logs SimpleIP thing is on line but data is not presented correctly . For example I can change a TV channel but the channel is not displayed at all. Or I can mute and the TV is muted but the value of the mute item is constantly NULL. Seems like the binding is doing something in the background but not displaying the right values for items (I mean items file and Basic UI)
I have checked with Retry polling 10 and -1 as well.

@Rickytr

Can you please generate a log and post it?

Thanks
Tim

@RafalO

Iā€™ll need the full log to be able to diagnosis

Thanks,
Tim

Please find attached the log file openhabsony.log (232.0 KB)
for the following scenario:

Scalar thing disable and SimpleIP thing enable (but off line communication error I suppose)

I was not able to turn on the TV in openhab ( I have ethernet cable connected and retry pooling was -1) so I have turned TV on manually .
Then I was not able to change anything in openhab (turn off, mute, change channel) so I have changed retry polling to 10s.
Then I was able to mute, change program but nothing is displayed (items.file or Basic UI)

Please let me know if I shall perform another kind of test :slight_smile:

Hello,

I have searched for a long time, but unfortunately I cannot find anything :frowning: .
I wanted to start and stop the playback. Therefore my question what exactly expects the item AvContentPlCmdMain? I transmit with a switch either ā€œpauseā€ or ā€œplayā€ to the item. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks a lot!

@RafalO

You are not running the latest version (which fixes a bug you ran into). Please do the following:

1. From karaf console: bundle:uninstall org.openhab.binding.sony
  2. Once complete - delete the sony binding from your addons directory
  3. Restart openhab (Iā€™d delete the sony log in between the restart)
  4. Download the latest and move it into the addons directory
  5. Wait until things come online
  6. Try tests again and give me a new log

@Sebastian1

Really not a lot of info to go on - but Iā€™m guessing you are using a scalar device (probably bluray?). If so - you want to send play or pause to the ā€œpl_cmdā€ channel of the avcontent service (avContent#pl_cmd). See the scalar link in the README (first post) for details on what that channel supports

EDIT: if thatā€™s what you are doing and itā€™s not working - please reply with a log that I can look at

hello,

thanks for the quick feedback! true I gave a little little information. So it was about a Sony Bravia TV (3 years old). I have now solved the problem differently in that I also send out ircc commands for play and pause. I had also not get to run, but found the error. In the automatically generated map file for the IRCC commands is an error, it expects a different ending to the commands as they are in the list (they all end on ā€œ%3D%3Dā€, but it needs a ā€œ==ā€ at the end). Thanks and greetings

Please :+1:

Edit: Nevermind, it fixed itself somehow. The right NotificationListener was added, but i donā€™t know what triggered itā€¦

I have overwritten last file as both had the same name :neutral_face: but now I have the latest version 2.5.11.202012011929 I suppose? :slightly_smiling_face:. Please find attached new log file Sony.log (296.7 KB)
and the following comments:

1. Now items are updated correctly for Power, Volume, Mute, Channel, InputSource. However some available channels are not populated and set to NULL: Input, Scene, Pip
  2. I can not see any simpleip-{thingid}.map file in my conf/transformation directory (If I understand correctly README for SimpleIP a file shall be created after thing discovery with possibility to change it?)
  3. The most challenging ā€œTurn onā€
    I have Remote wake up set to ON in TV and connection via ethernet cable eth0. ECO mode is OFF in TV. Despite it does not work with binding.
  • when I switch on Sony Power in Basic UI it does not turn on TV regardless if retryPolling is set to 10 or to -1. And if retryPolling is not -1 and TV is turned off I have a constant red messages in logs (trying to connect),
2020-12-11 16:59:49.530 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'sony:simpleip:89d25431' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Error connecting to simple IP tv to UNKNOWN: Initializing ...
2020-12-11 16:59:51.539 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'sony:simpleip:89d25431' changed from UNKNOWN: Initializing ... to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Error connecting to simple IP tv
2020-12-11 17:00:01.542 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'sony:simpleip:89d25431' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Error connecting to simple IP tv to UNKNOWN: Initializing ...
2020-12-11 17:00:03.549 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'sony:simpleip:89d25431' changed from UNKNOWN: Initializing ... to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Error connecting to simple IP tv

so I have to set it to -1 to avoid the above

• while retryPolling is -1 and I am turning the TV on with remote control, unfortunately the binding is still OFFLINE-ERROR. Then I am changing Refresh Interval from 5 to 6 and based on the update the thing the binding goes ONLINE.

Actually put in a value to the configuration for the transformation file and it should write it - I know thereā€™s a bug here that I need to correct. As for power - do me a favor and put in your mac address into the configuration as well - Iā€™m betting your port is only responding to WOL packets when off.

Or you could try my ā€œsolutionā€ to a similar, if not the same problem as well:

Thank you for hint. will try this :slightly_smiling_face: