Spotify x Google Home x Openhab

Hi I try to send a Spotify playlist from Openhab to my google home / Chromecast …
I tried with the Chromecast binding but I don’t think I can send Spotify url

Then I tried with the Spotify beta binding but when I tell openhab to play on specific device id nothing happen ( unless I already select this device from my phone in the last 5 minutes )

Thank you

1 Like

Do you found any solution?

A workaround to do it might be using a Spotify music converter to help you get local music files and play them on your Googe Home through Openhab

I have tried a professional Spotify music converter to download Spotify songs as local files but it limits converting one minute file of each Spotify song. I need to purchase this tool to get the full songs until I join DRmare 2020 Halloween Party to get this tool for free by playing games in this activity.
Now, I can play Spotify music from Openhab to Google Home with ease.

I got an alternative method that can solve this issue temporarily. I use a Spotify to mp3 converter to get Spotify mp3 downloads. Then play these Spotify mp3 files on Googe Home through Openhab.

Thanks for everyone, seems I need a Spotify Music Converter to help me solve this problem.

1 Like

Same problem here! Luckily I tried the music converter for Spotify and successfully my problem got solved! The program helped me to convert Spotify music into MP3 format, and it’s quite easy to import the music into Google Home! :wink:

I’ve tried a 3rd party tool to download Spotify tracks to mp3. It’s Spotify Music Unlocker, a Spotify tracks converter. I used it to download songs from Spotify and save them in a local file on my pc and then import them to google home.