Squeezebox bridge not reachable anymore

Hi,

I’ve been using the squeezebox binding for quite a while now and had no problems so far.
Just recently the bridge stopped working and is marked offline.
The logs show:

2022-11-02 17:25:38.213 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'squeezebox:squeezeboxserver:65d1e7376f' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): end of stream on socket read

What I don’t understand is that nothing has changed in my network setup.
OpenHAB3 is running in a container with HOST network access, so there shouldn’t be anything interfering.
When I open a console in the container and try to reach the webUI port of the squeezebox server with CURL, it just works.
The squeezebox server itselfs runs without issues.
OpenHAB3 is able to reach all my other network devices as well.

The only recent change I have in mind is the upgrade of OpenHAB3 from 3.2.0 to 3.3.0, but I cannot pinpoint the exact moment, where the binding stopped working.

I recreated the squeezebox bridge Thing already without any success.

I couldn’t find any known issues in the squeezbox binding, but I’m out of ideas where to look.
Any ideas/suggestions, what might be causing this?

Thanks!

From the command line, are you able to telnet into the CLI port?

Replace IP address below with the IP address of your squeezebox server.

telnet 192.168.1.1 9090

If this connects successfully, you should be able to execute CLI command, such as this one:

players

Oh boy… I messed this up :frowning:
Squeezbox is actually running in a container on a kubernetes node.
Updating the base OS of the node installed cockpit, which I somehow didn’t notice.
This runs on port 9090 as well and was interfering.

Strangely enough, Kubernetes didn’t complain when the portforwarding was configured for host port 9090 to the container port 9090 in the squeezebox server container.
Which I still find strange as it should notice that the host port is already in use.

I had only tested the web port 9002 (which I already changed from 9000 for another conflict).
Had I tested 9090 as you suggested, I would have recognized…
Anyways. Removing the unwanted cockpit resolved this…

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction :smiley:

1 Like