SqueezeBox Speak on OH2

That seems to be working for me now too!

1 Like

Here’s what I found in pCP 3.10… It looks like they now use a build of squeezelite that uses shared libs. However, you can still drop a statically linked squeezelite (named just squeezelite) in /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce. When you restart squeezelite, or reboot the pCP, it’ll give priority to starting the squeezelite in /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce.

Would love to hear sound from Squeezebox. Unfortunately I can’t even got the new version running. I followed your instructions. But it seems openhab doesn’t installs the jar file. Any hint?

What happens when you put the jar files (squeezebox and upnp) into the addons directory? Is anything logged in openhab.log?

What do you see when you list the bundles in the karaf console (e.g. bundles:list -s | grep squeezebox)?

I downloaded the files via wget into /usr/share/openhab2/addons/. Nothing happend. So i changed the owner, modus, touched them. Nothing happend. I restarted openhab, I restarted the pi. Nothing happend. No log, nothing with your grep. I hate such situations… it doesn’t work and I doesn’t have any clue where to start. :crying_cat_face:

Sorry, have to ask an obvious question… Are you sure you downloaded the actual jars? Should look like this.

Your wget should’ve been on these links.

https://github.com/mhilbush/squeezebox-test/raw/master/org.openhab.binding.squeezebox-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
https://github.com/mhilbush/squeezebox-test/raw/master/org.eclipse.smarthome.io.transport.upnp-0.9.0.jar

ls -l *.jar

-rw-r--r--@ 1 mark  staff    21K Jan 30 16:58 org.eclipse.smarthome.io.transport.upnp-0.9.0.jar
-rw-r--r--@ 1 mark  staff    68K Jan 30 16:58 org.openhab.binding.squeezebox-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

file *.jar

org.eclipse.smarthome.io.transport.upnp-0.9.0.jar: Zip archive data, at least v2.0 to extract
org.openhab.binding.squeezebox-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar: Zip archive data, at least v1.0 to extract

Ah man… I HATE GITHUB! Every time i think the file path is from the overview page. But I have to open the detail page and copy the link from the download button. Sorry for my stupidity.

Everything is working now.

No problem. I do the same thing all the time.

I posted a new version here.
https://github.com/mhilbush/squeezebox-test

This version:

• improves reliability of scenario where player is paused prior to notification playing
  • should resolve issue where volume changes are confirmed before notification plays
  • fixes restore of shuffle and repeat mode after notification plays
  • fixes bug where event log was being spammed with title changes when playing Internet radio
2 Likes

FYI, the PR was merged today, 10 Feb 2017, so the squeezebox audiosink and notification support should be included in tomorrow’s OH2 build.

1 Like

Could anyone give me a quick pointer how to set this up? I’ve never used TTS on openhab. I’m running an openhab2 installation (latest unstable) with squeezebox setup.

Thanks!

Edit: Nevermind, I think I found it

Hi,

how do you setup the TTS ?

Kay

That depends which Type of TTS you would like to use. There are three “build in” TTS services in OH2:
MacOS TTS (haven’t tried that one)
MaryTTS (which I think will not work with Squeezebox as it delivers wav not mp3 - at least with my LMS)
voiceRSS (which works nicely but needs internet)
These are described here:
http://docs.openhab.org/addons/voice.html

Alternatively you can set up your own Local TTS (which is more work but worth it IMHO).Details here:

I’m still having an issue with squeezebox resuming playback after a tts command, I’m using the 1.9.0 jars. Anything I can do to troubleshoot this?

Hi! Can’t find it anymore under location you provided. I’ve got 2 instances of piCore players installed and have issues with timeout and notifications. Any hints?

@zacofunny Are you running a current snapshot version of openHAB, or are you on a stable release and, if so, which one? Trying to determine which version of the squeezebox binding you’re running. A relatively current openHAB snapshot or the 2.1 stable release have the latest squeezebox binding version.

Perhaps more importantly, you also should check which version of piCorePlayer you’re running. Looks like the latest version is 3.22 (I’m on 3.20). If you upgrade to the most current version of piCorePlayer, you should not see issues with the notifications not playing. The squeezelite bug that caused those issues was fixed a couple releases ago.

I had these timeouts when using mary even with a recent squeezbox lite player. But using voicerss solved the problem

hi, i read the post and hopefully i found the right place to write about my problem regarding openhab2 and squeezebox binding.
I am using:
OH2 2.2.0
binding-squeezebox - 2.2.0
LMS: Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 1512734075
3 players:
2 are piCorePlayer v3.22 | linux 4.9.50-pcpAudioCore | piCore v8.01 | Squeezelite v1.8.7-1007
one is squeezePlay, running on Win7

if players are idling and I send notifications from rule using VoiceRSS or simply mp3 files, everything runs ok.
If players are playing music and I send the notifications, i can hear the notifications, but then players are stopping. the music playback is stopped.

I tried to read about this issue on other forums also, but so far i haven’t found anything.
Maybe it is something related to LMS?
if someone else had this problem, maybe there is also a solution.

I am experiencing the same problem: playback resumes after playsound() or say(), if player state was on pause/off. This also results in a playsound for example to not return after playback of sound, so that I have to break manually or stop playback of the player otherwise.

Another workaround is to clear the playback list before running the playsound().

I tried to update the squeezebox binding to latest (2.5.0-snapshot) while OpenHAB2 is on 2.4 stable. The picoreplayer is on 4.1.0, which uses Squeezelite v1.9.0-1121-pCP.

Any idea, what I could do to get around this issue?

Thank you and have a nice weekend!

Try posting a debug log here and I’ll see if there’s something that doesn’t look normal.

Also, what version of the LMS are you running? I’ve see some issues with version 7.7.5 or earlier.