• Please post configurations (if applicable):
    • Items configuration related to the issue
    • Sitemap configuration related to the issue
    • Rules code related to the issue
    • Services configuration related to the issue
  • If logs where generated please post these here using code fences:

Hello guys,
I am pretty new on Openhab.
Installed it on a Raspberry PI 3 b+ on a ssd.
If i wanna open openhab with http://openhabianpi:8080/start/index it doesn’t work but with http://192.168.188.105:8080/start/index it works. The message on screen is “Die Server-IP-Adresse von openhabianpi wurde nicht gefunden” In english translated something like “the Server-IP-Adress for openhabian not found”, how can I fix that ?
Thanks in advance for help and sorry about my very bad english.

1 Like

Just bookmark that link and be happy it works :smiley:

Add an entry on router that resolves the name to the related IP address.
or
Add an entry on your local computer that resolves the name to the related IP address.

I do not know openhabian - in case it uses DHCP the registration on the router should work automatically.

Thanks for the quick answers, of course I am happy it works at all, but there has to be a reason why it not works the normal way :))

If you are not familiar with static DHCP reservations, I suggest you read up on them. You also have not shown us what you have done to troubleshoot the issue.

hy Lucky,
I installed it twice but with the same result and you absolutely right, I am not at all familiar with with static DHCP. I hoped it would be a simple change in a configuration in a config file. Sorry, I should try harder to solve the issue on my own.

Btw, all the other things works well so far :slight_smile:

You can install it 100 times if you like but if your router won’t honor the hostname set by OH when it registers with DHCP, then you can only use IP. What’s your router model, maybe check the user manual?

1 Like

I have a fritxbox 7580 so pretty common I think.
The strange thing is I tested it with a sd-card instead of my ssd and there is works, same image both made with etcher and this image openhabian-pi-raspbian-201908050414-gitca0976f-crc6a66b5a1.img