Starting centralised logfile analysing with ELK stack (elasticsearch, logstash, kibana)

I’m starting to look into centralised logfile analysing with the ELK stack (elasticsearch, logstash, kibana).
There’s a Tutorial post here:

But I think, logging changed since OH2. Is there anyone willing to share how it can be done with OH4 and ELK? Thanks!

The only thing that has changed is it uses the XML format for the config instead of the .properties file. But all the same parameters are the same.

You can probably figure it out just by looking at your existing log4j2.xml file. But if not see Log4j – Configuring Log4j 2.

Note, other options for centralized logging with openHAB:

There are of course others.

ELKI stack is pretty heavy weight and Elasticsearch just by itself is going to consume a lot of resources. I don’t know about these other approaches.

1 Like

ok, I just found a docker compose for the whole ELK in one go. The others seem also nice, what I need is just a dashboard showing ERRORs and perhaps WARNings - and based on that perhaps an email, if errors are showing up all the time. let’s see. Thanks for pointing that out.