Status updates for Qubino Relays/Dimmers generally do not work

Yes - I’ll keep using this link for any updates while we’re sorting this out… Note that this is effectively the development version of the binding, so if you’re changing from the current snapshot, then you will need to delete all things and add them back again (sorry).

Chris.
Still not working here.
I’ll go and buy and new 2-flush relay Tomorrow morning (just checked and one of the local stores had them in stock).
I am a beginning to think this is related to hardware/firmware revisions of the qubino - since you’ve got it working.
I’ll post the results tomorrow.

So you are using a 2 flush relay (ZMNHDBD) and it’s not working (sorry - probably should know but I look at too many logs :wink: ).

Maybe - the application version of my device is 5.0. It’s reasonably new (a month or so I guess).

i bought 10 qubinos … not yet installed

all of them have a ´by hand´ overwritten PN.
hope thats not an amateur company :wink:

My Qubino devices:
3 x flush 2 relays (ZMNHBD) : Firmware version 1.1 (hardware switches does not toggle state in openahab)

4x dimmers (ZMNHDD): Firmware version 1.1 (hardware switches does not toggle state in openahab)

1 Flush Shutter (ZMNHCD): Firmware version 1.1 (no issues with this one - it is software controlled only though, so I cannot really tell)

1xdimmer (bought it when it was first available - not zwave+, Internal switch on neutral)

Anyways, I’ll get back tomorrow with the results.

Interesting - very different firmware version to mine! Given that this whole concept with the multi-channel associations is quite new, I could quite believe that things have changed over time.

I’ve sent Qubino an email asking some questions. When they reply I might enquire about firmware updates to see if they would consider making the firmware available so we could reflash. I don’t hold out much hope the answer will be positive as both Fibaro and Aeon have so far not been happy to do this (and Aeon I have a very good relationship with).

After this latest version. Now my flush 1 relays are all working, they are ZMNHAD1 H1S5P1 (and the 5 is hand written)
and they are faster to respond about 2sec than the flushrelay2 which is about 5sec

Hi again,
Just before giving up for the day, I made some “not to be very productive testing”…

Using the very latest TEST bindning, and toggling the “re-initialize” option several times (til I could see that all stages were passed) I have better behaviour.

The lifeline group is not set, but I can set it.

When I do so, the dimmer module (node 4) works 100% as expected.

Power reporting works.

Dimmer/on-off reporting works

Openhab gets updated when I toggle the light switch.

Qubino dimmer firmware 1.1

Perfect!

The 2-relays (node 24) does not get the the assiciations set either. However, this time I can set them manually.

This puts be back to the “standard bindning behaviour”. That is - light switch (hardware) toggling changes the parent, but not the children devices.

Anyway, a step forward I believe.

I have uploaded a log (I know it is quite large) it is only the last few minutes that are of interest though…

cheers

/d

Ok, I did as follows:

• Deleted all links in karaf
  • Deleted all things in karaf
  • Deleted all XML’s on file system
  • Uninstalled zwave binding (2.2.0 snapshot) in PaperUI
  • Deleted cache on file system
  • Deleted everything under /var/lib/openhab2/tmp/mvn/org/openhab/binding
  • Copied your lastest org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.2.0-TEST.jar to /usr/share/openhab2/addons

Now I am getting this:

2017-10-28 21:35:58.642 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.2.0-TEST.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zwave [15]
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: gnu.io
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters
    -> Export-Package: com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters; bundle-symbolic-name="org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml"; bundle-version="0.9.0.201710240931"; version="0.0.0"
       org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml [98]
         Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.jdt.annotation; resolution:="optional"
         Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.osgi.service.component.annotations; resolution:="optional"
         Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common
           -> Export-Package: org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common; bundle-symbolic-name="org.eclipse.smarthome.core"; bundle-version="0.9.0.201710240931"; version="0.0.0"
              org.eclipse.smarthome.core [99]
                Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.jdt.annotation; resolution:="optional"
                Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.osgi.service.component.annotations; resolution:="optional"
                Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.apache.commons.io
                  -> Export-Package: org.apache.commons.io; bundle-symbolic-name="org.apache.commons.io"; bundle-version="2.2.0"; version="2.2.0"
                     org.apache.commons.io [37]
                       No resolution report for the bundle.                Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: com.google.common.base
                  -> Export-Package: com.google.common.base; bundle-symbolic-name="com.google.guava"; bundle-version="18.0.0"; version="18.0.0"; uses:="javax.annotation"
                     com.google.guava [24]
                       Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: javax.annotation; resolution:="optional"
                         -> Export-Package: javax.annotation; bundle-symbolic-name="javax.annotation-api"; bundle-version="1.2.0"; version="1.2.0"
                            javax.annotation-api [28]
                Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: com.google.common.collect
                  -> Export-Package: com.google.common.collect; bundle-symbolic-name="com.google.guava"; bundle-version="18.0.0"; version="18.0.0"; uses:="com.google.common.base,javax.annotation,com.google.common.primitives,com.google.common.math"
                Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: com.google.gson
                  -> Export-Package: com.google.gson; bundle-symbolic-name="com.google.gson"; bundle-version="2.7.0"; version="2.7.0"; uses:="com.google.gson.reflect,com.google.gson.stream"
                     com.google.gson [23]
                Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.apache.commons.lang
                  -> Export-Package: org.apache.commons.lang; bundle-symbolic-name="org.apache.commons.lang"; bundle-version="2.6.0"; version="2.6.0"
                     org.apache.commons.lang [38]
                       No resolution report for the bundle.                Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.osgi.service.component
                  -> Export-Package: org.osgi.service.component; bundle-symbolic-name="org.apache.felix.scr"; bundle-version="2.0.12"; version="1.3.0"; uses:="org.osgi.framework"
                     org.apache.felix.scr [39]
                       Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.apache.felix.service.command; version="[0.6.0,1.0.0)"; status="provisional"; resolution:="optional"
                       Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.apache.felix.shell; version="[1.0.0,1.1.0)"; resolution:="optional"
         Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.smarthome.core.i18n
           -> Export-Package: org.eclipse.smarthome.core.i18n; bundle-symbolic-name="org.eclipse.smarthome.core"; bundle-version="0.9.0.201710240931"; version="0.0.0"
         Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.registry
           -> Export-Package: org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.registry; bundle-symbolic-name="org.eclipse.smarthome.core"; bundle-version="0.9.0.201710240931"; version="0.0.0"
         Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.smarthome.config.core.i18n
           -> Export-Package: org.eclipse.smarthome.config.core.i18n; bundle-symbolic-name="org.eclipse.smarthome.config.core"; bundle-version="0.9.0.201710240931"; version="0.0.0"
              org.eclipse.smarthome.config.core [95]
                  -> Export-Package: com.google.common.collect; bundle-symbolic-name="com.google.guava"; bundle-version="18.0.0"; version="18.0.0"; uses:="com.google.common.base,javax.annotation,com.google.common.primitives,com.google.common.math"
                Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.osgi.service.component
                  -> Export-Package: org.osgi.service.component; bundle-symbolic-name="org.apache.felix.scr"; bundle-version="2.0.12"; version="1.3.0"; uses:="org.osgi.framework"
                  -> Export-Package: com.google.gson; bundle-symbolic-name="com.google.gson"; bundle-version="2.7.0"; version="2.7.0"; uses:="com.google.gson.reflect,com.google.gson.stream"
                Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.registry
                  -> Export-Package: org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.registry; bundle-symbolic-name="org.eclipse.smarthome.core"; bundle-version="0.9.0.201710240931"; version="0.0.0"
                Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.osgi
                  -> Export-Package: org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.osgi; bundle-symbolic-name="org.eclipse.smarthome.core"; bundle-version="0.9.0.201710240931"; version="0.0.0"
                Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.apache.commons.lang.reflect
                  -> Export-Package: org.apache.commons.lang.reflect; bundle-symbolic-name="org.apache.commons.lang"; bundle-version="2.6.0"; version="2.6.0"
                Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common
                  -> Export-Package: org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common; bundle-symbolic-name="org.eclipse.smarthome.core"; bundle-version="0.9.0.201710240931"; version="0.0.0"
                Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: com.google.common.base
                  -> Export-Package: com.google.common.base; bundle-symbolic-name="com.google.guava"; bundle-version="18.0.0"; version="18.0.0"; uses:="javax.annotation"
                Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.smarthome.core.net
                  -> Export-Package: org.eclipse.smarthome.core.net; bundle-symbolic-name="org.eclipse.smarthome.core"; bundle-version="0.9.0.201710240931"; version="0.0.0"
                Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.smarthome.core.i18n
                  -> Export-Package: org.eclipse.smarthome.core.i18n; bundle-symbolic-name="org.eclipse.smarthome.core"; bundle-version="0.9.0.201710240931"; version="0.0.0"
                Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.smarthome.core.events
                  -> Export-Package: org.eclipse.smarthome.core.events; bundle-symbolic-name="org.eclipse.smarthome.core"; bundle-version="0.9.0.201710240931"; version="0.0.0"; uses:="org.eclipse.smarthome.core.items,org.osgi.service.event,org.eclipse.smarthome.core.types"
         Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.osgi.service.component
         Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.smarthome.core.service
           -> Export-Package: org.eclipse.smarthome.core.service; bundle-symbolic-name="org.eclipse.smarthome.core"; bundle-version="0.9.0.201710240931"; version="0.0.0"
         Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.smarthome.config.core
           -> Export-Package: org.eclipse.smarthome.config.core; bundle-symbolic-name="org.eclipse.smarthome.config.core"; bundle-version="0.9.0.201710240931"; version="0.0.0"
         Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.osgi
           -> Export-Package: org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.osgi; bundle-symbolic-name="org.eclipse.smarthome.core"; bundle-version="0.9.0.201710240931"; version="0.0.0"
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: com.thoughtworks.xstream
    -> Export-Package: com.thoughtworks.xstream; bundle-symbolic-name="org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml"; bundle-version="0.9.0.201710240931"; version="0.0.0"
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml
    -> Export-Package: com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml; bundle-symbolic-name="org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml"; bundle-version="0.9.0.201710240931"; version="0.0.0"
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: com.thoughtworks.xstream.annotations
    -> Export-Package: com.thoughtworks.xstream.annotations; bundle-symbolic-name="org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml"; bundle-version="0.9.0.201710240931"; version="0.0.0"
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: com.thoughtworks.xstream.io
    -> Export-Package: com.thoughtworks.xstream.io; bundle-symbolic-name="org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml"; bundle-version="0.9.0.201710240931"; version="0.0.0"

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) [?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1253) [8:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.0]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1225) [8:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.0]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:512) [8:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.0]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:361) [8:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.0]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:312) [8:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.0]

Did I do too much cleaning or what is going on now?

Is the serial transport bundle running? If not use the following command to install it -:

feature:install openhab-transport-serial

That was the problem, thanks :grinning: I had thought I had read about that somewhere, but did not relate to my problem. Anyhow, binding is running now and doing a lot of discovery. I will go out for lunch now and then maybe I will have some interesting feedback :wink:

1 Like

Hi,
Collected a brand new Qubino Flush 2-relay.
It has Firmware version 5.0.
It instantly works as it should.
Power measuring/reporting : Check
Status update in Openhab when hardware switches are used: Check
Control from Openhab: Check

So - it seems like all my issues are connected to earlier firmwares…

1 Like

Thanks - that’s really useful to know. I’ll see what Qubino can suggest with the issues I’ve seen and also see if there’s any chance of getting the firmware files. If so I’ll look at adding support for the firmware upgrade command class…

Ok, started testing now. First test is with ZMNHBD Flush 2 relays (Firmware 1.2). Switch states and power meters (Watts) are updating for both channels. This is great progress! :smile:
However, I am seeing a weird and fully reproducible behavior: When the state of Switch 1 is on, I do not get Switch state updates from On to Off for Switch 2 (from Off to On is OK, even when Switch 1 is on). Power reporting works fine at all times, only the state for Switch 2 remains on. I am not seeing anything obvious (to me) in logs (though that doesn’t mean much). @chris, can you reproduce this on your ZMNHBD Flush 2 relays?

Second test is with ZMNHCD Flush Shutter (Firmware 1.1). Functionally, everything is working OK (blind position and slat control for venetian blinds) except no updates of position or power (watts).

Third test is with ZMNHAD Flush 1 relay (Firmware 1.1). No improvement from Snapshot 2.2.0 binding. Status reporting doesn’t work for switch nor watts. Also switching only works for legacy channel switch (“Switch”) and not (“Switch 1”).

Fourth test is with ZMNHND Flush 1D relay (Firmware 4.0). Here I think we made a step back. I used to have temperature reporting and sensor reporting working on this. Both are not working anymore.

Fifth test is with ZMNHSD DIN Rail Dimmer (Firmware 1.1). Works perfectly! (switching and status reporting for both dimming and switch state, and also watts) :tada: :grinning: (big improvement from Snapshot 2.2.0, where I got no reporting whatsoever).

So that is pretty much all the Qubino models I have running at the moment (I do have more of the same types though).

@Chris: Sorry I did not have perfect news for you, but you are definitely on the right track. Thanks so much for the time and energy you have invested in this so far :beer:

1 Like

Thanks for the tests. It seems that it’s likely a firmware issue which makes things a bit more difficult since my firmware works :frowning: .

I’ll try and get some more info from Qubino over the next few days and we’ll see where to go from there…

2 Likes

Once you have them work next thing is you want to place them in style … on your DIN Rail :wink:

Remixed version of Robb’s adapter with openHAB text :wink:

Hi Chris,
I’m experiencing similar issues with some Qubino devices. Have you get any reply from Qubino support?

I am working on the issue and am in contact with their support team who have been very helpful. They have said there may be a problem with V1 firmware, but I’m trying to find a workaround before making further comment.