Stranded UID

I had a problem a while back with RPi running Openhab2 after a power outage. Fixed that problem, but in the process did not properly delete prior nodes. Everything has been working fine, except I get a bunch of warnings in my log file.
2017-11-05 14:55:03.561 [WARN ] [ome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager] - Cannot delegate update '416.001' for item 'ZWaveNode3DSB09HomeEnergyMeter_ElectricMeterKWh' to handler for channel 'zwave:device:899d499c:node3:meter_kwh', because no thing with the UID 'zwave:device:899d499c:node3' could be found.

The working devices have a different code
zwave:device:cce0383e:node3:meter_kwh

I have been living with it but would like to clean it up. Have tried to restart openhab2, but that doesn’t work.

Ideas?

You have to delete the Items that are left behind linked to these channels.

The Warnings tell you the Items you need to remove. In this case, ZWaveNode3DSB09HomeEnergyMeter_ElectricMeterKWh needs to be removed or linked to a working Thing.

You may need to turn off Simple Mode in PaperUI to get the Items Menu to appear. You can switch back to Simple Mode once you remove the bad Items.

Thanks. I actually carefully edited the json file and the most recent json backup while the service was off to remove the items. If it happens again, I’ll try your suggestion.