Strange behaviour of Fibaro Flood Sensor with Razberry and OpenHabian

One/twice a day without real reason (=‘flooding’ ) OpenHabian receives something like this (log bellow). Simply flood sensor item triggers an alarm in my configuration “CzujnikZalania_LazienkaGora” - it changes from NULL to ON in the same time burglar alarm (what is inside Flood Sensor) changes also from NULL to ON. It happens for 2-3 sec and alarms return to OFF.
It seems that happen during regular wake up or something that looks like wakeup.
Do you know how to fix it, I’ve made workaround simply modify rule that trigger action only when state change from OFF to ON but I have a feeling that action should be triggered during transition NULL to ON but this will generate fake alarms.

device:15ad83bca12e:node4' changed from ONLINE: Node initialising: DETAILS to ONLINE: Node initialising: $
2017-04-09 15:05:22.830 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'zwave:device:15ad83bca12e:node4' changed from ONLINE: Node initialising: GET_CONFIGURATION to ONLINE: Node init$
2017-04-09 15:05:23.004 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - CzujnikZalania_LazienkaGora changed from NULL to ON
2017-04-09 15:05:23.248 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - CzujnikZalania_Sabotaz_LazienkaGora changed from NULL to ON
2017-04-09 15:05:23.587 [ThingUpdatedEvent         ] - Thing 'zwave:device:15ad83bca12e:node4' has been updated.
2017-04-09 15:05:23.595 [ConfigStatusInfoEvent     ] - ConfigStatusInfo [configStatusMessages=[]]
2017-04-09 15:05:23.697 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - CzujnikZalania_LazienkaGora changed from ON to OFF
2017-04-09 15:05:23.810 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'zwave:device:15ad83bca12e:node4' changed from ONLINE: Node initialising: DYNAMIC_VALUES to ONLINE: Node initial$
2017-04-09 15:05:23.980 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'zwave:device:15ad83bca12e:node4' changed from ONLINE: Node initialising: DYNAMIC_END to ONLINE: Node initialisi$
2017-04-09 15:05:23.986 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'zwave:device:15ad83bca12e:node4' changed from ONLINE: Node initialising: HEAL_START to ONLINE: Node initialisin$
2017-04-09 15:05:24.105 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'zwave:device:15ad83bca12e:node4' changed from ONLINE: Node initialising: DELETE_ROUTES to ONLINE: Node initiali$
2017-04-09 15:05:24.329 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'zwave:device:15ad83bca12e:node4' changed from ONLINE: Node initialising: RETURN_ROUTES to ONLINE: Node initiali$
2017-04-09 15:05:24.406 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'zwave:device:15ad83bca12e:node4' changed from ONLINE: Node initialising: NEIGHBORS to ONLINE

The log doesn’t help, so a debug log would be required. If you are using the release version of OH2 I would suggest to upgrade to the snapshot version as there have been some changes to notifications which might be related to this (that’s a complete guess without seeing a log though).

Ok. Today I will try to switch debug level.
BTW where can I find documentation how to switch to snapshot version. As I understand snapshot version it should be used for test not for production ? My current version is release version more exactly Openhabian version from SD image (I think it is 1.2 openhabian)

The documentation is at docs.openhab.org. Specifically, for changing versions it’s here -:

http://docs.openhab.org/installation/linux.html#changing-versions

Ok, DEBUG level for org.openhab.binding.zwave is set…now waiting for abnormal behaviour.

Ok, during the last night I catch strange behaviour.

2017-04-11 03:07:26.113 [ConfigStatusInfoEvent     ] - ConfigStatusInfo [configStatusMessages=[]]
2017-04-11 03:07:26.360 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - CzujnikZalania_LazienkaGora changed from NULL to OFF
2017-04-11 03:07:26.606 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - CzujnikZalania_Sabotaz_LazienkaGora changed from NULL to ON
2017-04-11 03:07:26.827 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - CzujnikZalania_LazienkaGora changed from OFF to ON

CzujnikZalania_LazienkaGora" is a flood sensor and CzujnikZalania_Sabotaz_LazienkaGora is a burglar sensor (this sensor is inside flood sensor).
As you see flood sensor change from NULL to OFF and 0.5 sec later from OFF to ON, it is fake alarm of course.

It is linked to full logs (DEBUG level set for org.openhab.binding.zwave)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B68VuZDaIVt5cjhVTWhma1VTdnc?usp=sharing

Michał

The problem appears to be in the database definition - there are two channels linked to flood. I’ll delete the sensor_alarm class.

How to delete class, what does it mean?

BTW I’ve noticed that there are two Flood Sensor Alarms items in Flood sensor definition - right now I have no access to my installation and I will send you screnshoot later.

Michał

That’s exactly my point - I’ve removed one of them.

Ok I will try it later. But as I understand it is another bug - I’ve noticed this two Alarm definition each time when I add Flood Sensor to Openhab.

Well, it’s related. It is why you are getting two updates.

If you use the latest binding as suggested earlier and not the release version then I think the problem will go away.

I hope last question, where can I find latest (snapshot) binding?
I’ve found this
https://openhab.ci.cloudbees.com/job/openHAB1-Addons/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/bundles/binding/org.openhab.binding.zwave/target/

is it ok?

No - that’s the OH1 binding.

The OH2 binding is here -:

https://openhab.ci.cloudbees.com/job/openHAB2-Bundles/lastStableBuild/

Note that if you’re installing manually, you will have to handle the serial driver dependancy by also installing this.

1 Like

I see Z-wave binding but I cannot locate serial driver? Has it different name?

Good question - I suspect it’s in a different repository unfortunately.

Easiest is actually to install this through Karaf console with the following command -:

feature:install openhab-transport-serial 

Does it install serial driver using latest snapshot? Probably from release, how to switch to snapshot?

I’m not sure, but it won’t matter (I think!) as I don’t think it’s changed recently - I would try it and see what happens.

Also, if you are using other binding that use the serial driver, then you don’t need to do this.

Ok. thank you I will try.
I have to say that I’m little suprised that such bugs (we can define as High or Blocker) exist in the release version of OpenHab.
I wonder if similar problem encounter Domoticz users :slight_smile:

Sure - ALL software has bugs. Until someone finds them, they aren’t fixed…

In this case, I guess no-one has used this device, or if they have, they didn’t report it so that it can be fixed and I personally don not have every Z-Wave device to test agains :wink:

I tried to delete, but I do not know how to do it? There is no delete button near "Alarm (flood), I can delete linked item but when I delete one item in one “Alarm (flood)” in the same second link automatically is deleted :frowning: