Strange Binding names in Paper UI

I have installed the develop environment according to the instructions given here http://docs.openhab.org/developers/development/ide.html. After starting openHAB without changes in the launch configuration I opened the PaperUI and the “Extensions” page. The bindings shown here all have cryptic names:

Apart from this everything works fine. The Console shows some error messages. Maybe they have to do with the problem.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.ds 1 0 2016-06-15 20:24:29.117
!MESSAGE Could not bind a reference of component ConfigDescriptionRegistry. The reference is: Reference[name = ConfigOptionProvider, interface = org.eclipse.smarthome.config.core.ConfigOptionProvider, policy = dynamic, cardinality = 0..n, target = null, bind = addConfigOptionProvider, unbind = removeConfigOptionProvider]

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.ds 1 0 2016-06-15 20:24:29.156
!MESSAGE Could not bind a reference of component org.eclipse.smarthome.config.discovery.inbox.Inbox. The reference is: Reference[name = EventPublisher, interface = org.eclipse.smarthome.core.events.EventPublisher, policy = dynamic, cardinality = 0..1, target = null, bind = setEventPublisher, unbind = unsetEventPublisher]

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.ds 1 0 2016-06-15 20:24:29.554
!MESSAGE Could not bind a reference of component org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.firmware.FirmwareUpdateService. The reference is: Reference[name = FirmwareUpdateHandler, interface = org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.binding.firmware.FirmwareUpdateHandler, policy = dynamic, cardinality = 0..n, target = null, bind = addFirmwareUpdateHandler, unbind = removeFirmwareUpdateHandler]
2016-06-15 20:24:29.556 [DEBUG] [.s.c.t.f.FirmwareUpdateService:67   ] - Running firmware status check.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.ds 1 0 2016-06-15 20:24:29.558
!MESSAGE Could not bind a reference of component org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.console.FirmwareUpdateConsoleCommandExtension. The reference is: Reference[name = FirmwareUpdateHandler, interface = org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.binding.firmware.FirmwareUpdateHandler, policy = dynamic, cardinality = 0..n, target = null, bind = addFirmwareUpdateHandler, unbind = removeFirmwareUpdateHandler]
2016-06-15 20:24:29.567 [DEBUG] [o.e.s.u.b.i.servlet.CmdServlet:56   ] - Starting up CMD servlet at /basicui/CMD
2016-06-15 20:24:29.572 [DEBUG] [.core.common.ThreadPoolManager:173  ] - Created thread pool 'ConfigStatusService' with size 5-10

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.ds 1 0 2016-06-15 20:24:29.572
!MESSAGE Could not bind a reference of component ConfigStatusService. The reference is: Reference[name = ConfigStatusProvider, interface = org.eclipse.smarthome.config.core.status.ConfigStatusProvider, policy = dynamic, cardinality = 0..n, target = null, bind = addConfigStatusProvider, unbind = removeConfigStatusProvider]
2016-06-15 20:24:29.577 [DEBUG] [o.e.s.u.c.i.servlet.CmdServlet:56   ] - Starting up CMD servlet at /classicui/CMD

This one appears several times with different numbers that fail:

2016-06-15 20:24:32.600 [ERROR] [.e.x.x.r.BatchLinkableResource:128  ] - resolution of uriFragment '|109' failed.java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 109, Size: 83
	at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(ArrayList.java:653)
	at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:429)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.linking.lazy.LazyLinkingResource.hasLazyProxyInformation(LazyLinkingResource.java:502)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.linking.lazy.LazyLinkingResource.getLazyProxyInformation(LazyLinkingResource.java:509)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.linking.lazy.LazyURIEncoder.getLazyProxyInformation(LazyURIEncoder.java:148)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.linking.lazy.LazyURIEncoder.decode(LazyURIEncoder.java:127)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.resource.BatchLinkableResource.getEObject(BatchLinkableResource.java:113)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.getEObject(ResourceSetImpl.java:223)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.EcoreUtil.resolve(EcoreUtil.java:199)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.EcoreUtil.resolve(EcoreUtil.java:259)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eResolveProxy(BasicEObjectImpl.java:1473)

On the Inbox page the binding name (ntp) is OK.

Any ideas what could cause this problem?

1 Like

There is no problem - if you start from the IDE, there simply is no “distro” that would come with add-ons that are installable through Karaf. Therefore, the IDE simply generates a fake add-on list in order to be able to test the Paper UI functionality for it.

Thanks for explanation. When I saw it the first I thought something was wrong with my IDE setup and configuration.

Ideally, a notice should be shown at the top of the list in the PaperUI to note this. I too was confused about this.

Thank you for the explanation. I would like to ask if is it possible to fixed the strange binding names into its original binding names? as im new to this and i have no idea on how to change it.