Strange issue with OpenHabian on Pi

So I was navigating around OpenHabian and all of a sudden I could no longer connect to it. Strange. Through SSH I rebooted the Pi. Now the Pi seems to have something wrong with it.

Here are the symptoms:

• Red light is on, green flashes like heart beat.
  • No output from HDMI.
    SSH cannot connect
  • Is visible in my computers network as PNHUB1, but cannot navigate into it
  • All the files are on the SD card, and it doesn’t look corrupt.
    Doesn’t appear as a connected device to my router.

2 flashing green lights (from what I gather) is a good thing - but it looks like there is no life. Any suggestions? I realise it is more a Pi issue…

Have you tried pluging in the HDMI and then “rebooting” (pull the plug)?

Sometimes I’ve had issues where when the Pi doesn’t boot with HDMI connected it simply disables the port.

Beyond that, I’ve recently had some problems with apt-get messing up the upgrade of raspberrypi-kernel which hosed the driver for my wifi dongle. I was able to get into the Pi by rebooting with the HDMI and keyboard plugged in and running

sudo apt-get install --reinstall raspberrypi-kernel

Since you are reinstalling it doesn’t require network to pull it down again. It took for ever (like an hour) which may be why it failed in the first place.

I was able to figure that out because as I was trying to reinstall the drive it told me the config for raspberrypi-kernel didn’t finish and it was in bad state or something like that.

I’m not saying this is your problem, but it is a problem I recently fought through.