Strange log entries when using the code smippet in the sidebar

Whenever I use the code snippet in the developer sidebar, and enter an item, e.g. “=items.Chet_Lamp.state”, I see an entry in the logs complaining about an item with doesn’t exist…one entry for each letter I type.

2023-11-24 20:35:06.792 [WARN ] [e.internal.SseItemStatesEventBuilder] - Attempting to send a state update of an item which doesn't exist: Chet_L

2023-11-24 20:35:06.792 [WARN ] [e.internal.SseItemStatesEventBuilder] - Attempting to send a state update of an item which doesn't exist: Chet_La

2023-11-24 20:35:06.793 [WARN ] [e.internal.SseItemStatesEventBuilder] - Attempting to send a state update of an item which doesn't exist: Chet_Lam

Once I type the last letter, completing the item, the system is satisfied as the items exists. I tried modifying the log level for internal.SseItemStatesEventBuilder, but that isn’t the complete name so it didn’t work.

Is anyone else noticing this behavior?

That’s standard behavior. As you told the item it tried to resolve it and since noit doesn’t exist the error is generated. it’s done this since 3.0 I think .

It can’t evaluate the result of the expression without knowing the state of the own and it can know the state without subscribing to the sse.