Support for Aeotec Smart Switch model ZW078

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: _Raspberry 4b
    • Java Runtime Environment: which java platform is used and what version
    • openHAB version: any version
  • Issue of the topic: I need to interface with electric power/energy devices for home automation. I have tried using Home Assistant, Domonitz, and OpenHab had only limited success with reading 2 measurements out of 6 from the Aeotec Smart switch model ZW078. I see that it is not supported in the Things Summary >https://www.openhab.org/addons/bindings/zwave/doc/things.html#things-supported-by-the-z-wave-binding

What can I do from here? This switch is the only 40A, 220Vac rich measurement set that I found at a reasonable price.

Right now I am using HA because there are others using it also. But it only captures kW and kWh. I need more. Open Hab was recommended by Aeotec but could not find it in the things summary.

Using a zooz Zstick S2 plus, if this is significant.

• Please post configurations (if applicable):
    • Items configuration related to the issue
    • Sitemap configuration related to the issue
    • Rules code related to the issue
    • Services configuration related to the issue
  • If logs where generated please post these here using code fences:

The ZW078 has been in the Z-Wave binding device database for about 2.5 years. Do you have openHAB setup with the Z-Wave binding? What do you need help with?

I see it It had been supported since OpenHAB 2.3.0 and eawas last updated in openHAB 2.5.6.

leads to this page.

Bruce

Thanks for the reference to a potential solution using openHAB 2.5.6. I assume that you suggest that I should use 2.5.6.

I have executed my installation using openHABian and am lost as to where to find the download 2.5.6. I can only find 2.5.8.

Also does this mean I will need to install it manually?

Yikes
Jim

That means the latest settings for that device are in 2.5.6 and newer. Running 2.5.8 is OK.

Thanks Bruce

How do I confirm that Voltage, Current, kW, and kWh are all supported as items in 2.5.6 for the ZW078 aeotec switch?

Also can you recommend a Utube introduction. I need to get spun up again on this platform.

Thanks
Jim

Why would you want to use 2.5.6? I would strongly suggest to use the latest version. If there’s a problem with your device, it’s very likely to exist in 2.5.6 as well

If you follow the link I posted and go to Endpoints, you will see all of the Channels created that Items can be linked to…

I think you need to log in to the site to see that though.

Thanks Chris

Was not sure that subsequent releases maintain previous bindings.

I have using the latest version. I am a newbe so still getting up to speed on openHAB.

Jim

Perfect!!

Very encouraging since I have tried 3 other platforms and they just give me a limited set of measurements.

Still learning openHAB.

Thanks
Jim

For the most part, devices are added or updated. Very occasionally a non-functional entry is marked for deletion.

One reason I moved from Home Assistant to openHAB over a year ago was the Z-wave device support.