- Platform information:
- Hardware: _Raspberry 4b
- OS: what OS is used and which version
- Java Runtime Environment: which java platform is used and what version
- openHAB version: any version
- Issue of the topic: I need to interface with electric power/energy devices for home automation. I have tried using Home Assistant, Domonitz, and OpenHab had only limited success with reading 2 measurements out of 6 from the Aeotec Smart switch model ZW078. I see that it is not supported in the Things Summary >https://www.openhab.org/addons/bindings/zwave/doc/things.html#things-supported-by-the-z-wave-binding
What can I do from here? This switch is the only 40A, 220Vac rich measurement set that I found at a reasonable price.
Right now I am using HA because there are others using it also. But it only captures kW and kWh. I need more. Open Hab was recommended by Aeotec but could not find it in the things summary.
Using a zooz Zstick S2 plus, if this is significant.
- Please post configurations (if applicable):
- Items configuration related to the issue
- Sitemap configuration related to the issue
- Rules code related to the issue
- Services configuration related to the issue
- If logs where generated please post these here using code fences:
The ZW078 has been in the Z-Wave binding device database for about 2.5 years. Do you have openHAB setup with the Z-Wave binding? What do you need help with?
I see it It had been supported since OpenHAB 2.3.0 and eawas last updated in openHAB 2.5.6.
leads to this page.
Thanks for the reference to a potential solution using openHAB 2.5.6. I assume that you suggest that I should use 2.5.6.
I have executed my installation using openHABian and am lost as to where to find the download 2.5.6. I can only find 2.5.8.
Also does this mean I will need to install it manually?
That means the latest settings for that device are in 2.5.6 and newer. Running 2.5.8 is OK.
How do I confirm that Voltage, Current, kW, and kWh are all supported as items in 2.5.6 for the ZW078 aeotec switch?
Also can you recommend a Utube introduction. I need to get spun up again on this platform.
Why would you want to use 2.5.6? I would strongly suggest to use the latest version. If there’s a problem with your device, it’s very likely to exist in 2.5.6 as well
If you follow the link I posted and go to Endpoints, you will see all of the Channels created that Items can be linked to…
I think you need to log in to the site to see that though.
Was not sure that subsequent releases maintain previous bindings.
I have using the latest version. I am a newbe so still getting up to speed on openHAB.
Very encouraging since I have tried 3 other platforms and they just give me a limited set of measurements.
Still learning openHAB.
For the most part, devices are added or updated. Very occasionally a non-functional entry is marked for deletion.
One reason I moved from Home Assistant to openHAB over a year ago was the Z-wave device support.