Support for IKEA Fyrtur blinds

I was thinking maybe when using that pre-paired button the blinds can save more battery and not send reports at all.
Is it possible to change the reporting rate from paper ui? 15 minutes seem a lot since the blinds are expected to last weeks/months.

I’m sure that’s true, but sending the reports every 15 minutes should really make no difference to battery life. This device has a huge battery compared to say a temperature sensor with a coin cell that lasts a year or two.

Yes, this should be configurable, although I’m not sure that PaperUI provides the function to actually change channel configuration.

Possibly - but remember that this is also used to detect if the device is ONLINE or has failed. As above, this level of reporting should make next to no difference to the battery life IMHO.

I have bought this blind.
Never used any zigbee related things before so these might be some dumb questions but:

• Which zigbee coordinator do you recommend at all (I assume the coordinators are universal enough, so it will work with this blinds)?
  • If I pair it with one of the zigbee sticks, the added buttons are gone right? Can I somehow still add this button so that it can control the blinds?

Thanks for your answer!

Check this page, the Ember coordinators are usually recommended as having the best support.
I actually managed to add the button to openhab as a thing, but it had only one channel and it didn’t seem to do anything when pressed. Try asking @chris, he should be able to give you more details.

I got two of these blinds this weekend, the blinds paired well and work fine (thanks @chris!). I managed to find the remotes (E1766) with openHAB (it was easier “through” the IKEA repeater), but the Level Control channel doesn’t do anything, Battery Voltage is reporting correctly:

@chris is there anything that we can provide that’ll help here.

I never really looked at the remote. I will try and find some time to take a look at how that integrates, but it might not be for a week or two as I’ve got some other stuff to do first (I’m setting up a system with 32 bulbs to do some tests with a larger system).

3 Likes

Thanks for your work!

2 Likes

Hi @chris, thanks for all of your awesome work! (i use both the zigbee and zwave bindings).

is there anything we can do to help sorting out the remotes for the ikea blinds?
i get, as @Benjy, battery status - but no level control
2020-08-25 09:29:28.415 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - zigbee_device_013724A7_680ae2fffeac9d27_680AE2FFFEAC9D27_1_batterylevel changed from 37 to 43

/Chris :slight_smile:

I’ve also had the same issue with the Remote. The blinds work perfectly but the remote seems to report no events when I press the buttons. Is there anything I can do to help diagnose this? I’ve enabled the debug logs but I see nothing when pressing the buttons.

Anyone else having problems since the last update (2.5.9)? I can add the blinds without problem but after few hours it just shows offline and dont respond on any commads until i remove them and add again.

I’m having a bit of a problem.
I’m trying to migrate things from my smartthings hub to a openhabian og rpi4 with deconz and z-wave.
My fyrtur was working fine with smartthings
So my dconz thingy is up and running in openhab, but when trying to pair the roller shutter with openhab i only get two batterysensors in my inbox.

Tried a lot of pairings… holding down 5 and 20 seconds and scanning for things with the binding…
Any suggestions?