Support for REX3S - Zigbee module

Hi @chris,

I would like to know the support for REX3S - Zigbee module is provided in OH ?

Thanks.

No - it isn’t supported. I’ve not been able to find much information on the USB stick version (I assume this is what you are wanting to use?) but when I get better internet I’ll have a better look (am in a hotel with very poor network right now).

Please find the USB dongle link. Is it the one you are referring as USB stick ?

http://www.rexense.com/propage/propage7.html

Thanks. I did find this, but it doesn’t provide any (detailed) technical information about the API etc so I don’t know how to communicate with it…

This is the main information I would need to answer the question “is it compatible”.

From the doc http://www.rexense.com/upfile/1115201571550PM8036.pdf, they mentioned REX3Suser guid.

For AT related commands are in “The related documents” section shown below.

Dear @chris,

I have a device with me which is connected to USB to TTL connector.
That should work as USB stick right?
Right now it is operating in AT mode. Do we need to change it to API mode ?

Please provide me steps to install Zigbee binding on OH2 and how to test initially to check whether DEVICE is discovering and showing device with any address in the karaf log and so on.

Note: I used Xbee binding to test it and it is not responding to it, please find the below issue link.

Sorry - I’m not sure what you mean by USB to TTL connector - I thought the REX2S was a USB stick. This device certainly won’t work out of the box - sorry - it’s not currently compatible with the binding.

Please provide me steps to install Zigbee binding on OH2 and how to test
initially to check whether DEVICE is discovering and showing device
with any address in the karaf log and so on.

If you have the cc2531 hardware, then you can compile the binding and install this device as the coordinator. Currently there is no jar available pre compiled. As I said though, it will not support the hardware you mention in this thread and I don’t understand what you mean about the USB to TTL converter…

It is a USB to Serial converter connected to UART port of device “REX2S” and device is plugged in any usb port and accessed as serialPort="/dev/ttyUSB0" from OH2 things file.

Ok - I don’t really know why this should be needed but for sure this won’t work with the binding. Zigbee doesn’t have a common API like Zwave does so each stick etc is different.