Support openHAB through Amazon Smile!

(Kai Kreuzer) #1

All,

As the openHAB Foundation is a not-for-profit organisation (registered in Germany), we are eligible for Amazon Smile! This means that Amazon will donate 0.5% of your qualified purchases to the openHAB Foundation (without any additional costs for you).

If you like to support the openHAB Foundation, please consider using smile.amazon.de (instead of the normal www.amazon.de) - it will be highly appreciated!

Cheers,
Kai

(Kenny) #2

Cool, what about other International users? U.S. supporters don’t usually read German…

(Kai Kreuzer) #3

I am afraid that this is only available on Amazon Germany - I assume that Amazon has different lists of eligible charity organisations per country. Checking amazon.com gives me:

(Jason Brunk) #4

That is great :slight_smile:

Here in the states I use smile.amazon.com i even have a chrome extension to make sure i ALWAYS get routed to smile. I have the ronald mcdonald house kids charity as mine.

The extension is here. http://www.smilealways.io/
I am not affiliated with them in any way, nor do i know if it will work outside the states but if it does. Might help the project along :slight_smile:

(Kai Kreuzer) #5

Cool, thanks for the hint! I just installed the extension and it seems to work as expected for Germany as well :+1:

(Kai Kreuzer) #6

Small update: From Dec 1 to Dec 24, Amazon triples the amount that is given to the supported organisation to be 1.5% - so please make sure to use Amazon Smile if you are shopping anyhow :slight_smile:

(Benjamin) #7

Good to know, because Amazon itself still states 0.5% if I follow your link :wink:

“Amazon sammelt 0,5 % des Preises…”

(Kai Kreuzer) #8

Here’s the official statement from Amazon:

AmazonSmile ist ein Jahr alt geworden und wir möchten uns bei allen teilnehmenden Organisationen mit einer Aktion bedanken: Im Zeitraum vom 1. bis einschließlich 24. Dezember 2017 unterstützt Amazon teilnehmende, soziale Organisationen mit 1,5% statt der üblichen 0,5% des Preises der qualifizierten Einkäufe, die Kunden bei smile.amazon.de tätigen.* Wie gewohnt fallen keine Kosten für Kunden oder Organisationen an.