- Platform information:
- Hardware: PI4 8Gb
- openHAB version: 3.0.0 - Release
I am looking for a solution for a new raspberry PI4 with a monitor (a physical one, 24 inch) that I am going to use as a camera viewer. I would like to avoid any physical interaction with it, so I assume the solution should be event driven. I will still leave a mouse connected just in case.
The idea is that openHab decides what to show on that monitor based on some events.
- from 1pm to 3pm our baby is asleep, so a baby camera should be displayed there full screen.
- outside of this time - show 4 or 6 other cameras.
- I have HabPanel installed on an old android tablet, so a switch can be used to show a specific camera on the monitor if required.
- if motion detection event received from the entrance, the image should switch to the entrance camera for a while.
As for now I do not have any NVR solution, but I will definitely use one. I am aware of Zoneminder (that it exists, no idea about features) and a binding for openhab. I also found mentions of Agent DVR.
To reduce the load for the raspberry with openhab, my future NVR should deal with cameras and provide jpg snapshot, mjpeg and hls streams. In this case IP camera binding won’t use much resources to handle cameras. I still would like to use IP camera binding as it is easy to send a notification with a picture to my phone if anything happens.
I would appreciate any advice about what can be used here.
As for my ideas, there isn’t much:
- Hab panel, but I am not sure how to switch a view based on events/switches
- a viewer from NVR for a raspberryPI, but it should have an API to be able to control it
Thank you for your time.